PDA

View Full Version : Totally consuming

Loz_19
03-09-05, 21:27
Hi everyone. I'm quite new to all of this but I have now spent some time looking around the website, in the different forums and getting to know a few of the members in the forum. Everyone seems really nice, however the thing getting me down is that everyone seems to have a life. I'm feeling quite down and depressed because my life seems to be nothing but panic. I don't havea job, or attend college/university. I'm not married and I don't have children (though I am only 19). To be honest carrying on the way I am i dont see marriage or children as even a possibility. I was looking at the photographs of the different member meetings and you all looked like you were having such a great time [8D]. I just feel really down that I can't even meet up with friends for a couple of hours without having a panic attack. The idea of having a day out is a distant dream. Panic attacks have basically taken over every aspect of my life and i'm feeling really alone. I hope you don't all see this as just a long whine. I'm just writing this in the hope that someone will know how I feel and maybe we could talk,
Lauren xx

seh1980
03-09-05, 21:49
hi Lauren,

I know exactly how you feel. I felt exactly like you do about 18 months ago. I stayed at home, never saw anyone, cried and felt very sorry for myself. It does get better eventually though it does take a lot of effort.

Are you the person from Durham I spoke to the other night in chat? If yes, then maybe we could do stuff together? like go for a coffee, etc. It helps getting out with a small group or one person, especially if that person is in the same position as you..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
03-09-05, 21:51
**The councelling gives me the opportunity to admit it to someone and explain how i feel wihtout being ridiculed but once that hour is up I still feel very much so trapped in my own head. **

Lauren- this type of counselling is lovely to offload but is not offering you any solutions or way out..

You need to address your emetophobia first which will then lead the way to adressing teh agoraphobia as as I understand it , it is the emetaphobia that paralyses your movements

EXPOSURE THERAPY... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2712)
To Emetophobia sufferers (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2253)
1st day CBT exposure for emetaphobia = scary (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4930)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Loz_19
03-09-05, 21:55
yeh i'm the girl from durham (well just down the road) I'd love to meet up but i'm afraid I probably wouldn't be able to manage it. I'm very good at making plans but when it gets to the day before I come up with the most amazing and elaborate excuses to get out of it. :) Im sure a lot of you have done that as well.
Lauren xx

Loz_19
03-09-05, 21:58
Meg, You are definately right about it being the emetophobia that is the root of all this. I'm seeing my councellor on Tuesday and if I feel confident enough i'm going to ask about exposure therapy. I've spoken to a couple of members about it now and they've been relly great. Though my big fear is that as part of the therapy they will give me something to make me sick (something my boyfriend swears would be a good thing)