PDA

View Full Version : Re: new girl

recoveryroad
10-06-09, 17:38
Hi I sm s mother of two sons aged eleven years old and 7 months old. I have just joined the site. It is wonderful but it seems that I am not able to go to chatrooms for a couple of days yet.
In the past, I did sometimes get panic attacks but during the past two weeks I have been scared of going out although I did go out but got a bit paniky. The problem started two weeks ago when I had cold and I had not eaten well and I was breastfeading (sorry!) my son as well. I went to tesco and suddenly got a very bad feeling that I am on the verge of fainting and this event registered in my mind. I have now been able to go out and not get that paniky but got a bit anxious. I even went on a 4-day holiday.
However, my problem is that during the past two days after returning from our short vacation, I have been really unwell. Yesterday it was worse and today it was a bit better. I felt pains in my back, pins and needles in my body and generally I was unwell.
I just hope I am not getting worse.
I also listened to Dr weeke's tapes which were fantastic and I don't know why I was still feeling unwell.

Tonight I am going to tesco.

hope we can all help each other.

recovery road

lorac
10-06-09, 19:49
Hi

Welcome to the site there is alot of good advice and support on here.

Good choice Claire Weekes, her work really helped me alot.

Carol

deb-22
10-06-09, 21:30
hello welcome to nmp I too have recently found this site Its a comfort to know you are not alone. I am a mom to a 15 year old and sometimes you forget how hard being a mum is...maybe youre not getting enough rest I too get panicy in shops but I try and tell myself I am not not going to faint dont forget to congratulate yourself when youve done things that scare you good luck xx

Veronica H
11-06-09, 08:14
:welcome: to NMP. Well done to you for tackling your panic and anxiety as well as parenting young children.:bighug1: Have you seen your GP? It might be a good idea to have a health check to rule out anything else which might be keeping you low such as aneamia (I had this after the birth of my son).

Veronica

ChrisA
11-06-09, 08:36
You sound like you are doing really well, the pins and needles in the legs are just anxiety and it will pass if you tell yourself you are fine. I imagine having kids causes a worry but you sound like you are doing well