PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety brought on by medication? HELP!

karlus23
10-06-09, 18:42
Hey everybody,

2 months ago I was put on Ritalin for my ADHD, which I recently was diagnosed with. About 4 days into the treatment I suffered a panic attack and was taken to the hospital. (I thought I was dying). After the attack I suffered extreme anxiety and agoraphobia; which kept me in bed all week. That later subsided, but I still felt that things never seemed the same, such as my vision and the way I was hearing things. Things got better, but then I started suffering anxiety attacks where I thought I was losing my mind and personality. The latest symptom I am suffering from is the fact that I can't seem to breath as well as I used to. That once satisfying deep breath is now unattainble. I went to the doctor and had my heart, lungs, and blood checked out, all tests which turned out positive. It seems to be the worst at night but the anxiety can come any time of day without any trigger. Like I said, it has been 2 months now and things haven't gotten better it seems; I have Xanax and proporanolol, but neither of these medications seem to work. I am 25 years old and I have never suffered from any kind of psychological problems before and now I feel so helpless and scared. Is there anyone out there who has experienced something similirar or who can give me some advice. I would appreciate that more than anything. Thanks for listening.

Regards,
Karl

melody
10-06-09, 22:58
Medication generally begins to work in a monthish... it could be the wrong medicine for you?

I get the symptoms. I don't remember what relaxation or normality ever felt like. My memories are all suppressed cause they remind me of the hurt :(

I'm not a doctor. The Doc is the only one who can tell you about the meds. It will get better in time :)