PDA

View Full Version : meditation

stormy
03-09-05, 22:38
i was just wondering if anyone here has tried meditation to relax.

it helped me big time. and still does.
and its not as hard as you think. and you dont have to hug trees and wear flowing robes to do it, unless you want to.:D

sits on the floor and says OM!:D

xxxxxx stormy

Meg
03-09-05, 22:39
Yes its a great way to relax

dream
12-09-05, 11:59
hi stormy ive tried a few times to do meditation and they say you have to blank your mind i find this really hard to do thoughts keep poping into my mind [8)] any tips thanks denisexx

denise

tygwyn
16-09-05, 21:10
I'd also be interested in any tips to 'blank the mind'! I have tried hypnosis CD's but all I keep thinking is "I haven't gone under yet, am I still feeling anxious, do I feel relaxed?........"

Any hints!

Meg
16-09-05, 23:28
How do you medatate? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5298)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Wannabeloved85
26-09-05, 16:11
i always meditate!! religiously! i use a meditation cd aswell, so im not disturbed by the phone or my mums voice downstairs lol just relaxing music!
I highly reccommend it, its cut my symptoms down by more than half!

Meg
26-09-05, 18:02
Becci

Its good to hear you have found meditation to be a great help for you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

peppercchook
19-04-09, 14:48
I have been meditating for about a month, beginning to notice small improvements. Can see a 'normal' life at the end of the tunnel. As before this practice all I had was medication and a hope that something would change. At least now I know I am actually doing something to lower my anxiety naturally.

steveo5
20-04-09, 12:06
Hi Stormy
been trying for some time on and off, and its good if you can turn off and blank your mind i still struggle with that, did it in anxiety class and worked well, yes would recommend, but have to perservere with it and in the right environment
steve

Mark_25
07-05-09, 23:54
I've been trying this a few times recently the first time I used it I had success, I used the CD 'Guided Relaxation by Kelly Howell', however I tried using it while lied in bed playing the music from the computer.

A couple of factors are that I live near a busy road and there's a lot of cars going past also that I only have basic iPod headphones so if I use them they often irritate me when I wear them in bed. The only times when there's no cars going past are late evening and early morning like 11pm -6am and I guess this isn't the best time to use it either.

Is it best to try this in complete darkness or with so much light in the room?

I have a small light near my computer, a main bedroom light and light from the monitor, also my bedroom never gets properly dark as the blinds don't darken the streetlights, I'm looking at getting blackout curtains.

I tried tonight playing the music from the computer and was starting to relax but then I think I passed out or went into a deep sleep and didn't wake up until forty minutes after the CD had finished and was really drowsy, I hadn't taken any medication since about 14 hours ago yesterday either and woke up feeling a little stressed and panicky.

I guess the answer is to invest in the blackout curtains and expensive iPod headphones asap but am currently in a bit of debt and off work on sick pay at the moment :(

LucyA
08-05-09, 12:04
Mark, I don't think you need to block out all sounds. I try and include them in my meditation and accept, them but let them 'pass' through my mind just like every other distracting thought. You need to feel as if your surroundings are okay, not a hindrance or when you block them out you'll be wondering 'what's going on out there now I can't hear it?'

Saying that, there's no way I can tell you what you should and shouldn't be doing as meditation is extremely personal. Find what works best for you! I've written down my own meditation in my blog, if you want to have a look? (Link in my signature, find the post called 'DIY Meditation as a Natural Remedy for Anxiety'.

Good luck! xx