PDA

View Full Version : Strange numbness in legg

know-no-pain
11-06-09, 01:07
Hi all, this isn't for me but actually for my girlfriend.

This morning when she left the room she noticed a strange numb feeling just above the knee on her left leg. Although it feels numb, she feels a slight tingly feeling when touched. It has remained constant all day and although not causing any pain is slightly worrying as no cause is apparent.

She has also experienced a similar feeling during a previous incident:
Around three years ago she had a horse riding accident in which she came off the horse and fell through a fence landing on her upper thigh and right buttock. This caused a numbness which has slowly receded over the years but is still slightly in effect in her upper/outer leg. Although never checked by a doctor.

If you have had any similar experience or know what may be causing it as hasn't changed throughout the day it would be very much appreciated
Thank you

Terry12345
11-06-09, 10:25
Did your girlfriend ever suffer from sciatica after the accident? it sounds abit like it.
I damaged my knee a few weeks ago when exercising, I also pulled a muscle in my chest at the same time. I am now experiencing pains similar down my left hip just past my knee. My husband had sciatica due to a slipped disc and he suffered for a long time with it. If she's worried she should check it out with her GP...good luck to you and her xx

Trixie
11-06-09, 11:26
Hi all, this isn't for me but actually for my girlfriend.

This morning when she left the room she noticed a strange numb feeling just above the knee on her left leg. Although it feels numb, she feels a slight tingly feeling when touched. It has remained constant all day and although not causing any pain is slightly worrying as no cause is apparent.

She has also experienced a similar feeling during a previous incident:
Around three years ago she had a horse riding accident in which she came off the horse and fell through a fence landing on her upper thigh and right buttock. This caused a numbness which has slowly receded over the years but is still slightly in effect in her upper/outer leg. Although never checked by a doctor.

If you have had any similar experience or know what may be causing it as hasn't changed throughout the day it would be very much appreciated
Thank you

It sounds like Meralgia paresthetica. I have suffered this for years and my whole left thigh is affected (numbness and tingling with the occasional stabbing). I had an op on my back and still have lots of problems.

The horse riding accident could well be the cause of it.