PDA

View Full Version : Alright Im new

cam
03-09-05, 23:59
[^]Alright people? well this last year I fell like ive been going through hell. But from lookin through this site I think ive realised ive got a health anxiety prob or HAVE I!!!! OR IS IT more serious!!! thats been my train of though for the past year. From probs with my throat to headaches and this this week its my breathing, my chest is tight I cant get adeep breathe, ive even been on the fone to the doc whos said its anxiety but the fact that im a smoker makes me worry even more is it anxiety or something more serious and the more i worry the worse it gets. AArgh this is doin my head in so much if anyone as had the same kind of thing id really like to hear from you.:D

vernon
04-09-05, 00:23
hi Cam, Welcome to the site/ Sounds like health anxiety to me I have the breathing problems at the moment, Tight chest with pains, I smoked for over 40 years and worry about it like you. I have had it so many times in the past but still convince myself i am ill and when this goes you will find you will just find another symtom to worry you. take care Vernon

Karen
04-09-05, 05:32
Hi Cam

Welcome to the forum.

Have a read of the article about Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety) on the home page.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kazo
04-09-05, 09:16
HI Cam

Welcome to the forum

Kazo xx

tammyg
04-09-05, 09:17
Hi Cam,

Sounds familiar, I am sure you will get some good support here.

Tam x

trac67
04-09-05, 09:46
Hi Cam,
Welcome to the forum, i can relate to what you are saying, i was exactly the same. I did a CBT course on health anxiety and it turned my way of thinking around, i have now realised that it is all just the anxiety that does this to us, and now i dont worry about it anymore.
Ask your doctor about doing a CBT course, they are great.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

seh1980
04-09-05, 10:59
Welcome aboard Cam!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

jill
04-09-05, 11:37
Hi Cam

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

curlybird
04-09-05, 11:52
Hi Cam,

Welcome to the NMP website. You're in the right place for help and advice :D

Take care
Luv Curly X

sal
04-09-05, 16:52
Hi Cam

Welcome to the site. You are not alone in how you feel and it does sound like anxiety to me that leads you to worry about your health issues.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Parker
04-09-05, 16:58
Hi cam, I think we've just been chatting!

Px

Meg
04-09-05, 17:13
Hi Cam,

Health anxiety needs a several pronged attack on it as symptoms change as you get through one.

Feeling you're short of breath is a very common anxiety trait.

Keep telling yourself that you're breathing just fine..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
04-09-05, 19:21
Welcome to the site :D

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

eeyorelover
04-09-05, 21:02
Hi Cam and welcome.
A lot of us here have the breathing thing. I describe it as sometimes a stuck in my throat, sometimes I can't get a deep breath thing. Mine has a lot to to with tension. If I am tense I can almost feel my throat constrict(sp).
There are alot of posts on this subject that helped me to feel like at least I am not alone in this. Just browse through and see what you think. :)

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

nomorepanic
06-09-05, 09:46
Hi Cam

Just wanted to welcome you aboard the forum and hope to hear more from you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pinkscrumpy
06-09-05, 14:49
Hi Cam

Welcome to the site.

:D:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

michelleann
06-09-05, 16:07
hi cam
sounds very much like health anxiety, stick around and read all the help and advice. your not alone on this one
take care hun
michelle xxx