PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help please?

floridamad
11-06-09, 10:08
Hi I posted a message the other day, thanks to person that replied.I was started on propranolol last Friday, 80mg/day, I stupidly took a 2nd dose late last night and had taken one in the am, didnt sleep for worrying about it! Can anyone tell me how long it will be until I feel the calming affect of this drug, as i dont really yet? Also is it safe to take this with Valerian/hops tincture to help with sleep as lack of sleep is what i am anxious about?I have been prescribed Zopiclone to take if nec but i feel they wipe me out the next day with tiredness?Is it also really best to avoid alcohol completely?

Please, please help with any advice anyone has....

floridamad
15-06-09, 13:15
Thanks for reply, is that a smaller dose you are taking at night , or 80mg?I think it is helping me through the day but I still get a bit anxious about getting a sleep.

Many thanks:)

rosepetal
21-06-09, 15:53
Just don't take valerian and zopiclone. The one will increase the sedation of the other.
And valerian isn't a good idea if you have depression, as long term use, particularly at higher doses, can exacerbate depression. I found that out to my cost.
Propranolol works for some types of anxiety, and not others, I found. It won't take away emotional anxiety, but can relieve the physical symptoms of it, which in turn eases the stress.
What dose of zopiclone are you on? There's a 3.75mg dose that you might find works better for you.
I found propranolol exacerbated my insomnia, and couldn't take one in the evening myself at any point for that reason, even when I was also taking a sedating anti-depressant.