PDA

View Full Version : So glad to find this site!

Fergus
11-06-09, 14:15
Hi everyone. Was online looking for information about appealing against a DLA decision when I found this site - what a revelation! I have felt so isolated for a number of years with PTSD and whilst I'm sorry for anyone else who suffers with it, I am glad it's not just me!

My PTSD surfaced in 2000 and triggered ME so I haven't worked since. Benefits system is a nightmare isn't it? Having been in receipt of DLA (higher mobility, lower care) for the past 9 years, they have now decided that I no longer qualify eventhough my condition has worsened!

I was the victim of an armed robbery when a guy put a gun to my head and told me that he would shoot me if I did not hand over the contents of a safe in my office. Was getting a little better until last year when three men attacked me outside my house and stole my handbag and car. What a world eh?

Looking forward to chatting with others who know how all of this feels!

Jeanette

Veronica H
11-06-09, 17:31
:welcome: Jeanette. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

lorac
11-06-09, 17:44
Hi Jeanette

Wow, sounds like you went through a real ordeal, sorry to hear that. Glad you found the site I think you will find alot of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Lynnann
12-06-09, 00:19
Hi Jeanette,

Welcome to NMP, my causes of PTSD are a different but I am sure the symptoms are the same, if I can be of any help and support I would be happy to oblidge.

Lynnann:flowers: