PDA

View Full Version : sinisitus???

mumto3
11-06-09, 16:27
Hi, wondering if anyone can give me some advice? A couple of weeks ago I started experiencing really bad headaches, on left side,above eye. then i started getting pressure feeling in left nostril and cheek and had to keep "popping" my left ear. I felt really quite poorly so went to gp who said it sounded like sinisitus and prescribed amoxycillin 500mg. As the week went on I felt a little better but still had similar symptoms so went back to gp who gave me a further course of amoxycillin. By the end of those I felt almost 90% better. A week and a half on, my symptoms have returned! Surely I cant keep taking antibiotics every time. I bought an otrivine nasal spray specially for sinus probs but no different. Any one got any advice,PLEASE!!

Stressed32
12-06-09, 02:02
Hi there- I use a Netti Pot and that helps a lot. ALso make sure you take a good decongestant (Sudafed 30mg) to keep them clear. Last, before bed, I rub a little Vick's Mentholatum (sp?) into my nose with a qtip to help with breathing. Good luck.

Rachel_123
14-06-09, 20:09
ive had chronic sinusitis and rhinitis all my life, and ive had many a sinus infection, and thats just what yours sounds like! make sure your finish your course of antibiotics and take them at regular times. and tetley is right, more than one course may be needed. dont worry, you wont die from another course, i had been on 9 courses in one year to tonsilitis and im still alive :P :D

mumto3
15-06-09, 07:36
thanks now on course of doxycycline, fingers crossed!!

mumto3
15-06-09, 07:36
thanks, wil try those!!!!!!