PDA

View Full Version : Hayfever

Lissy43
11-06-09, 20:40
Those of you with hayfever, can I ask what symptoms you get?The pollen count is high here, I am sure I am suffering but the only classis symptom I have is an itchy nose on the end, other than that I have itchy ear and nostril only on right side and my right ear feels bunged up. Sometimes right side of throat feels abit raw but not like a sore throat. I don't have a cold or anything.

I saw on GMTV once the GP and he said you don't have to get classic symptoms to have hayfever.

Donski
11-06-09, 20:44
Hi Aimee
I get really bunged up - sneezing, itchy eyes, nose and throat.

bottleblond
11-06-09, 20:47
Aimee

My symptoms.....

1. Itchy eyes (so itchy, you just have to scratch)
2. Sneezing
3. Itchy throat, between ear and throat ( Sounds odd but i guess most hayfever sufferers will relate)
4. Nose either running like mad or totaly blocked.
5. Roof of the mouth so itchy, can't leave it alone.

Hay fever it the pits!

Lisa

Lissy43
11-06-09, 20:52
I sneezed a few times tonight but mainly I just get like a bunged up feeling on one side and like I need to sneeze but I can't.

I don't itch my eyes, not classic symptoms.

Lissy43
11-06-09, 20:53
I only get symptoms like that Lisa when I am pregnant, I get very bad hayfever when I am pregnant but when I am not I get wierd symptoms like I have now that come and go but I am not sure if it is hayfever. lol!

chrisi2009
11-06-09, 20:56
i have itchy eyes and nose.Bunged up nose.Sneezing every 2 seconds

Lissy43
11-06-09, 21:07
I think with me it flares up my sinuses and causes the blocked feeling in my ears. Yesterday I had a horrible sore feeling up my right nostril that I felt I needed to sneeze out but couldn't, lol!

bottleblond
11-06-09, 21:20
You're right Aimee! the ear, nose and throat are all connected so can effect all areas! It's horrid hun!

xxx

Cat80
12-06-09, 12:57
Hiya Aimee, I get a runny blocked nose, bunged up ears (get loads of wax), really itchy eyes especially in the corners, sneezing, watery eyes and really scratchy back of my throat. I take a Loratadine in the morning and a Citirizine in the evening (only cost 80p a pack for a weeks supply) and that helps keep it under control

Lissy43
12-06-09, 14:25
I took cetirizine this morning and I feel alot better.

Thanks.

Mistral
16-06-09, 08:18
Blocked & swollen nose, funnily enough the right side too.
Tight chest - last thing I need
Very sore throat, looks blistered
Itchy throat and inner of ear
None of classic symptoms - but then why would I, LOL !

I have been prescribed antihistamines, you can take them everyday without any ill effects and for my throat I use Manuka honey, really high factor. Fabulous stuff but unfortunaely you need a second mortgage to buy it.

Ddcoo
16-06-09, 10:10
Spasmodic tickly cough
dry throat
occasional sneezing bouts
sticky eyes (not all the time)
left ear blocked

Again, not classic symptoms and not all day every day but regular enough to be a nuisance.