PDA

View Full Version : Story Writing

tulip123
04-09-05, 15:30
Being a creative type I have just written a fictional story surrounding my reoccuring worry and anxiety, not directly linked to me spacfically but more a representation of my fears. This has been a good piece of therapy and has helped me understand more of what I'm feeling and can better descibe my anxiety better than any literal description of the truth. Each person's anixiety is different and can come in many different guises through an overactive mind or imagination.

tulip

seh1980
04-09-05, 20:33
That sounds like a great idea Tulip!! Shame I don't have once creative bone in my body or I might do the same lol :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

jill
04-09-05, 23:38
Hi Tullip

I am not the creative type but after my first PA when I was going on holiday, after I came back I did write down everything that happed.
HOLIDAY FROM HELL. It help me move forward a little.
I am thinking of writing about my daughter who suffered PA, anxiaty from the age of 3 she is now 12 and doing very well[^] but not being the creative type and her illness went over a number of years I think it would take me forever LOL
I am happy to hear that it has hepled you understand things more.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Confront your fears, list them, get to know them,
and only then will you be able to put them aside and move on.

Wannabeloved85
05-09-05, 14:56
I write stortys! i love writing! i think im rather creative, writing,drawing etc. Infact when i panic/anxious i tend to write it out. i tend to wtrie it like my anxiety is a person lol i just write things like, your a game i play, I always tend to lose,but now ive learned new tactics, and im beginging to win, u dont like me winnging, so u attack with morepower, u catch me off guard, you succeed a little, but i have even stronger power now and you sahll not win.

Lol thats what i do! ofcourse thats only a lil bit of one and ive written many more. It works aswell!

Meg
05-09-05, 17:02
Becci

That sounds like a useful strategy.. Keep at it

Tulip - are we going to get to read any of it one day ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Meg
05-09-05, 17:03
Jill

That would be great . There is a great need for help and success stories regarding children

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?