PDA

View Full Version : Scottish viewers please respond

susan c
12-06-09, 13:02
Hello all,
I know it has been some time since I posted but things have been hectic for me. All in a good way I might add. Had a lot of things to attend recently and although I nearly went into meltdown at one point I managed it all quite well.

Anyway the reason I am posting is due to a request I have for anyone who wants to get involved. I currently work in a small charity based in Dundee working with abuse survivors. I am thinking of starting another charity up to provide support and information for anyone who suffers panic attacks or anxiety issues. This will not be a counselling service but a support and information service. I am trying to do a little research into whether a service like this would be worthwhile. I noticed when I went to the GP I was met with a brick wall. I just wanted to know what was happening to me and how to do something about it. I have noticed a serious lack of a service like this. I am glad I had this site to turn to but I also needed someone to turn to, talk it over with someone either over the phone or face to face.

I would like to know what others think. I have been studying with a doctor at the University of Dundee for the past year and feel I could pass on some things to others but obviously need to know if a service like this is what people want or if I am wasting my time based on my own experiences.

The reason I am asking for Scottish people to let me know is because of the regulations connected with starting a charity however if anyone else would like to comment it would reinforce any final decisions.

I hope I am not breaking any rules by leaving my email address but I have set one up specifically for this purpose. please leave your comments at s.currie@msn.com

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Susan
xx

susan c
14-06-09, 21:20
Hello again,

Well I just thought I would give an update.........1 person has taken the time to respond. I understand some may not think this is a good idea but even negative comments would be helpful.

Please respond as this would really help. 36 people have viewed this so far. even if 10 had responded it would have given me a picture.

Thanks again.

Susan