PDA

View Full Version : Still worrying and going on holiday tomorrow!!

Jo3016
12-06-09, 14:42
I am still worrying about symptoms which have been diagnosed by several doctors as IBS. I don't have any sinister symptoms such as bleeding, weight loss, fatigue, loss of appetite or anemia. I don't even have persistent change in BM. I have a lot of abdominal pain, low back pain, rectal pressure which seems like it is there constantly ( like I haven't quite finished!!) and loads of bloating and gas.

I am currently on my 3rd lot of antibiotics in 3 weeks due to having a bartholin's cyst which was removed on Monday. This isn't making my stomach any better!!

I am going on holiday with my husband and 3 kids tomorrow and I am dreading this anxiety ruining it for me!! I so want to have a relaxing and enjoyable time with my family!! Why does my mind have to be so overactive and over sensitive???

My doctor has finally referred me to see a psychiatrist in early July who will refer me on to have CBT. I so want it to work!!!

Wee-Mee
12-06-09, 15:07
I get cbt and it def helps to get EVERYTHING out in the open..even if everything that you say is crazy ;)

Sometimes there are things you really just cant tell your loved ones etc ya know? So hopefully it will work wondrs for you hun and have fun on holiday love! I would say to take solphadeine as that is a very good painkiller but it causes constipation and I have a dodgy tum anyways so I try use them sparingly as it is cos I have a bit of ibs also.

Apart from that,the usual thing I try do is drink lots of water and to stay away from kind of stodgy food like white pasta and bread etc..my worst thing is coffee though..need to kick that habbit.. my bum bleeds sometimes poohing after coffee :( and I dont think you really wanted to hear that hehe sorry! xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx