PDA

View Full Version : Is this normality?

stardust
04-09-05, 20:39
I have always wondered if other people have the same problem I only go out every few months, not even that mostly and i only have two friends. Is this normal or not and who else has this same problem? Plus im 21 and ive never had a boyfriend before, is there anyone else on here who is the same? Im not worried about the fact, im worried about if im the only one.

eeyorelover
04-09-05, 20:54
Well I don't go out much (except to work). I don't know if it's cuz of the panic I have or the fact that I ran around so much when I was younger and just don't have the need to do it now.
As far as only having a few friends - I don't have many left. I'm sure that part of that is because I am most comfortable at home and who really wants to sit around the house with me all the time. The other part of it is that I have 4 kids and a husband that I spend most of my time with so I really don't have time for much socializing.
I know that you are worried that you are the only one and no you're not.
Also, PLEASE don't worry about whether what you go through and how you go through it is normal or not. Everyone handles things differently. I am a firm believer that there is no normal. That the world is made up of such vastly different people that what is 'normal' for you or me someone else might think isn't.
Wouldn't it be a boring world if everone in it was 'normal' !!!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

pips
04-09-05, 21:04
Hi there,

Many of my friends come from this site and through penpals I only have one other who i see occassionally.

As for not having a boyfriend that wil probably come in time don't worry if it's normal or not hun. Just look out for your happiness and do what suits you!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
05-09-05, 14:56
OCD girl

Are you content with this - if so its fine, but if you're not, then you can make moves to try to change the situation.

Not worth comparing yourself to others.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

mico
05-09-05, 15:32
Hi OCD Girl

I think that Meg put her point very well, and it's spot on.

There is no 'normal'. People by their very nature are not 'normal'. Normality is relative, and yeah, maybe there are people who lead lives that you would consider to be normal, this is just a case of a certain 'type' of lifestyle which is practised by the majority. Half of these people are probably sitting worrying that their life is too normal. Would that be normal? :D

You should completely forget the question of normality. Instead, take what the others say, are you content?

If not, then it's time to make a change. But do it for yourself, not to fit the definition of normal, there is no such thing. And if there is such a thing, I don't think I'd want to be normal, sounds boring to me. ;)

To answer your question, yes there are people very much like you, you're not the only one.

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

Lobster
06-09-05, 00:05
Hi OCD Girl,

I hope it's normal as I'm in the same boat as you! I'm a 21 year old guy who has never had a girlfriend. I don't beat myself up about the fact though as it's extremely hard to make new friends, let alone a girlfriend when you feel like a fruit loop 24/7!

Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt though, and I can sympathise with your situation. Anxiety is lonely enough, wouldn't it be great if you could have soemone there for you who would love you for you are?? It would be fantastic! Chin up though mate, our time will come and when we come out of the tunnel we'll be better people for it too.

Stay positive and take each day as it comes. :)

-Lobster

sal
06-09-05, 00:07
Hi hun

You arent alone and in time with help and support you will want to go out more.

Any way we can help you know we will.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

stardust
07-09-05, 00:35
Hi everyone, Thanks for your replies, they are really good.:D

sal
07-09-05, 01:05
Takes time like i said but you will get there.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".