PDA

View Full Version : is this normal?????

coulson1
12-06-09, 20:37
Hi all, i started on 10ma of cipralex 2 and a half weeks ago, had a few side affects ( depersonalition, wild dreams, nervousness) in the first week, BUT the anxiety feelings were sooo much better! This week the 2nd week i hav had increasing anxiety!!!! I feel like increasing my dose to 20mg however after reading your MOST HELPFUL posts i am aware it does take a while to get into my system however i am feeling disheartend ...also is having a couple of alcholic drinks totally defating the object? Really appreciate your reply as i feel as though i am the only person who feels the way i do..i suffer from social anxiety brought on by blushing...:lac: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx muchos love to all fellow suffers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sonya
12-06-09, 21:37
hiya coulson i had exactly wat your describing my anxiety went after 3 days for a week but then it came back quite strong so i upped to 10mg and its settled again, i think this is quite normal it can take 4-6 weeks to feel the full effect of the tabs, i only really upped my dose because i was only on 5mg. Its really hard especially wen we have bad days but it will all be worth it in the end!

As for the alcohol i would give it a miss for a couple of months just until you settle into your meds as it can heighten the anxiety which will make you feel much worse.

good luck with your recovery xx