PDA

View Full Version : Acid reflux symptoms?

jessieblue
12-06-09, 22:02
Hi, have been posting about having nausea in the last week. Had the usual panic about being stomach cancer or something terrible, then thought it must just be anxiety, but I do suffer with acid reflux quite often. I am getting symptoms of acid reflux too, like lots of burping and acidy tummy. Does anyone else get nausea with acid reflux? I have had these episodes of burping and a sudden feeling like I may chuck up. This passes quite quickly but also have the feeling of acid rising in my throat at the same time. I have to sip water or spray some breath freshener to take the feeling away. Do you think this is acid reflux? Is the nausea related? hat treatments has anyone tried for acid reflux? I have used zantac in the past, just taken one now. This is really getting me down as I have battled my way through so many symptoms lately due to anxiety, could this be acid brought on by my anxiety?

bottleblond
12-06-09, 22:29
Jessie

Yes i can relate to this.
Acid reflux can cause so many symptoms. Burning, burping, nausea, pain, discomfort, bloating.
I have had them all. I eventually had to visit my GP who put me on a high doze of Zantac, alot stronger then the shop bought ones. After a day or two my symptoms started to ease alot!

Lisa
x

jessieblue
12-06-09, 22:36
Thanks BB. I actually have some double strength zantac that I bought in Florida, maybe I will try one of those tomorrow. I really need to get on top of this.

bottleblond
12-06-09, 22:40
Jessie

Go to your GP hun because you have to take a proper course of these meds to settle the problem! taking one now and again won't cure the problem.

Let me know how you are
Lisa
x