PDA

View Full Version : Cant believe I am doing The Race for Life tomorrow:)

jellybean43
13-06-09, 11:35
Hi
Well just a bit of a positive post which might help all my fellow HA sufferers.
Last year, as some of you might remember, I was convinced I was dying of Lymphoma(see all my old posts!!!!!).
A year on and after CBT I am definately feeling a lot lot better. Tomorrow, I am doing the Race for Life in memory of a good friend of mine:(
This to me is a huge achievement. I have raised £118 in sponsor money and I cant believe that I have come on so far in a year.
The belief that i am dying has definately gone and it has been replaced by positive vibes which are pushing me on to do things I never thought possible.
If any of you get the chance to have CBT grab it with both hands. It really has changed my view completely.
Anyhow, I hope this helped some of you. There is light at the end of the tunnel. It took well over a year for me to feel any better but it has happened:)
Thanks to everyone who helped me last year xxxx

Skyline On Fire
13-06-09, 12:43
Thats great to know :)

Ive been doing CBT and seeing my therapist for a year now for extreme health anxiety/separation anxiety and its not going too good but.... time will tell. good to see you are doing well :)

june
13-06-09, 13:16
:hugs: Good luck for tomorrow:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
And thank you for such a positive post - it is lovely to hear that someone is is feeling good.
Best wishes
June:hugs:

Cat80
13-06-09, 17:53
Good luck for tomorrow :)

My sister is doing the race for life as well and we've had a laugh about it because her running number is 118 :D

I'm starting CBT in August for my anxiety, not holding my breath for it working but I'll give it a go

groovygranny
13-06-09, 20:36
Hiya Jellybean :)

Would just like to wish you luck for tomorrow and say how encouraging your post is:yesyes: !

I'm running next sunday (:unsure: ) for my daughter's mum in law and in memory of my dearest friend :)

Let us know how you get on please?

Best wishes :flowers: GG

pollyanna
13-06-09, 20:44
Hi Jellybean

Good luck for tommorow, not that you will need it.
how lovely to hear that someone is doing well , very inspiring to those who are having a hard time, it proves it can be done, albeit with very hard work... well done...:bighug1:

P x

jellybean43
13-06-09, 21:31
Aww thanks everyone.......feeling a bit nervous now cos my daughter has had to drop out but since there are 4000 doing it I wont be alone :)
I will keep you posted as to how it goes.
Glad my post has encouraged some of you xxx

sunshine-lady
14-06-09, 00:09
Thank you for such a positive post, it is so encouraging to hear that people can and do recover.

Good luck for tomorrow! :yesyes: xxx