PDA

View Full Version : Hi

mike339
13-06-09, 15:44
Hi. My name is Mike and I have been suffering from panic attacks on and off for about a year. It is something I am still learning about and coming to terms with. I am usually a very lively and outgoing person which makes people almost sceptical that these sorts of problems could be happening to someone like me. I hope that by sharing my experiences and stories that I can help others and myself move forward in beating or controlling my anxiety. I am also attempting to write about mine and experiences of other panic sufferers in the hope that I can make people more aware of what it can be like (I have found many people ranging from unsympathetic to frustrated because they can't help). If anyone wants to chat feel free to send me a message :)

deb-22
13-06-09, 16:15
hi mike welcome to nmp you will find lots of help on here and it helps to know you are not alone. Ive been suffering anxiety for a while now and also find it hard telling people for fear of their reactions...I normally try to put on a brave face at work and with some friends I hope we can all move foreward I find relaxing cds help a little I wish you well

pollyanna
13-06-09, 17:26
Hi Mike

I think you will find this site very useful, sadly anxiety can happen to anyone, even those of us who are usually bubbly, happy outgoing people, but i suppose its learning how to manage it that makes all the difference.
You are certainly on the right track, gaining knowledge and taking back some control.
I wish you all the best in your recovery

P x :flowers: