PDA

View Full Version : Vague but strong fear.

Amazeen
13-06-09, 17:59
Hi all.

I have a very strong fear of heart attacks. Most of the time im not having a panick attack, i dont feel chest pain, my heart rate is normal etc. but still I'm sure I'm just about to have a heart attack. The reason i use the word vague, is because I can't pinpoint a reason why I should be fearing. But somehow I always have this sense of impending death. I just wanted to know if there are others out there like me.

cheers.

melvin
13-06-09, 19:32
hi mate i have a fear of heart things as well so i no how u feel

Onward
14-06-09, 03:36
Let me tell you something my friend. I just had an ICD/Pacemaker implanted into my chest and spoke at length with the surgeon. There is a HUGE difference between heart attacks and cardiac arrest. I have an arrthymia that needed to be rectified - that is electrical. You are concerned with a heart attack which, for lack of a better example is plumbing. You have no early detection clues - angina, winded issues after walking short distances, chest pain, pain in the jaw and a host of others that MAY occur and sometimes never point to the heart at all.

I know from whence you speak and I want you to be realistic. This "feeling" we all have, this fight flight response is skewed in our heads. For example, how many times did you THINK it was going to happen and it did? You are most likely zero for 3458.

Give yourself a break my friend - you deserve it.

Amazeen
14-06-09, 23:47
Thanks very much for the encouragement! I needed that.