PDA

View Full Version : hi some advice needed please...

beckysparkles
13-06-09, 22:55
Hi i am new and could do with some advice please

i recently suffered an allergic reaction to some hair dye and had to have the paramedics called, however i think the main problem was a panic attack took over and the reaction was not as bad as i had thought, since then everything i do, eat , smell or anything i cant help but feel i am going to have an allergic reaction and then it ends in a panic attack, i feel like my throat is closing and i cant breathe, i have only just told my husband as i feel silly, i have been to the emergency doctor twice about it already and just cant control them, i dont know why it feels as though my throat is closing but its the most horrible thing i have been through, i have just recently had a baby and being my 2nd i didnt know if hormones could have an effect and how to suppress them? it is starting to take over my life and i am scared to be on my own, with 2 young children i am busy during the day but it is as soon as i sit down at night i start getting the symptoms and cant sleep, or function properly. thank you for your time, becky.

pknorth
13-06-09, 23:00
It sounds like anxiety, it messes with your mind and plays nasty tricks which are usually linked to your first known attack.

My first attack was up on the moors and now when I am walking up any hill even a small one I am sure my heart cant handle it and its going to just give in.

There is plenty of things on this site that will help you, but of course the first step is always talking about it.

Congratulations on your children too, new and older :)

beckysparkles
13-06-09, 23:04
thank you for your response, when the paramedics came out they asked if i was an anxious person and i said no as it was the first time anything had happened i judt dont know if it was coinsedental now that it happened at the same time as i put the dye on??

its just really frustrating its happened i want my old life back :(! easier said than done though eh? i suppose it will get easier and i will learn to live with them?

thanks again x

pknorth
13-06-09, 23:11
It is fixable and you will get your life back, if anything you will come out of this stronger and a better person.

My therapist told me its hard to say why we had our first one (unless you see someone have a heart attack etc) But its the fear of it happening again that gives us the second, third etc.....

Its not a nice thing but if you look at the members list of this site you know your not alone. They say 1 in 10 people have anxiety problems, so on the average bus theres at least 3 people struggling with symptoms (since knowing that I do look around for the other 2:roflmao:)

Im sure you will find this site usefull

Just out of interest, what colour was you dying your hair? I was the first guy to dye mine out of all my friends and they laughed, now they all do it so I need to do something extra special. I want short and spikey red with black tips :)

beckysparkles
14-06-09, 22:32
lol thanks for that info i will now be doing the same looking for the other 2!!!

well i dyed my hair ages ago dark brown and wanted to lighten it a few shades so nothing exiting! but your idea sounds wicked :shades: i would go for it if it looks bad u can always dye it back! thats the way i look at it!! you will never know till u have tried it will you.

hope you decide to do it, and like it, let me know how it goes x