PDA

View Full Version : Changing mole

Tori Frances
14-06-09, 11:41
Hi,
Just after some advice/reassurance re a mole I have on my breast which has recently, (in last week or so) developed some small darker spots on it. It was also briefly itchy for a short time the other night but not any more. I have an appt at a skin clinic for 13th July which I had booked because of another mole which my gp thought should be fine but offered to refer me anyway. Is it ok to wait until then to find out about my other mole do you think or does it sound urgent? I am really scared and googling it all the time convinced have melonoma! Has any one lse had this experience? What were the outcomes?
Thanks very much.

spacebunnyx
14-06-09, 11:56
Hi,

I am in a similar situation to you right now - have a small but dodgy mole that I'm looking to have removed ASAP!! if your GP is suspiscious of the mole it should be checked by a dermatologist within 2 weeks - that is NHS standard practice. Because you have been keeping an eye on it - even if it is dodgy - it will be very early. I have an appointment with a private clinic this week to have mine biopsied - its going to cost about £350. I posted about my GP problems earlier this week in this forum. If you are really worried about your mole you could get them all checked at a mole clinic - thats how my dodgy one got picked up - it costs £95 but its much cheaper if you want them to look at just one mole.

The way I see it, a moles a mole and I'd rather have it out than keep it in!!

Jess xxx