PDA

View Full Version : For those who fear a Brain Aneurysm

Stacers1985
14-06-09, 17:08
I woke up about 4 months ago with a pretty crappy headache, and neckache and have been convinced ever since that I have a aneurysm that is just ready to burst any moment. It doesn't help that I have TMJ and no curve to my spine which causes horrible headaches and neck aches (two signs that I learned from "Google" that are classic symptoms of an enlarging aneurysm) and I also have a Pschological Anisocoria (uneven pupils) which I've had for YEARS and my doctor has all but yelled at me that I am one of the few people in the world that just have it, with no cause.

Anywho after getting another headache last night and spending the whole night curled in a ball contemplating whether or not to wake someone up to call 911. I finally decided to do some research on Aneurysms. No symptom looking up, just simple research.
And this is what I found out, and it may give you some peace of mind if you have the same fear as I do.

I'm American so I'm using US population for this.

The U.S population is roughly 305,000,000. Of those 305 Million, 15,000,000 will have a brain Aneursym. That is ONLY 5% of the population. Out of those 15 Million only .05-3% will experience a rupture (Roughly 450,000). So out of 305,000,000 people in the U.S you have a .15% percent chance of having a ruptured aneurysm.

This has actually calmed me down a great bit. We all are guilty of reading symptoms on google and assuming the worst, but when you cut it down like this, into numbers and simple black and white it actually eases the mind a lot.

Liverbird67
14-06-09, 18:02
thanks for that sweetheart that is my major fear I started having occular migraines which convinced me that something like that was happening to me, its a horrible fear and since I have been coming on here about 18 months I have realised that it is quite common I used to google in the early days and was convincing myself of everything from heart disease to brain tumours and absolutely everything inbetween I try not to google these days as it reinforces health anxiety I live in Liverpool in England but those stats are still quite reassuring

ian3839
14-10-15, 01:34
I need to chime in on this topic. I'm terrified of an aneurysm. I started (back) on Wellbutrin XL 150 about two weeks ago, ever since then it's been mild, annoying neck and head pain off and on. I'm worried that it's an unruptured aneurysm. Yes, I have anxiety disorder and I requested specifically to be on wellbutrin because it worked for me a few years ago and I have experience with Serotonin Syndrome so the SSRIs and SNRIs scare me. Sorry for venting.

elle95
01-08-18, 02:08
Kind of reassuring to know this thanks xx but I'm one of those awful negative people who always thinks they're in that 0.5-5%:wacko: