PDA

View Full Version : advice needed please????

ruth-x
14-06-09, 21:29
i think my boyfriend may have anxiaty - we have been together for 6 years and went on holiday about 4 years ago and since then he hasent been the same. while we were there he was sick dont know if it was sun stroke or food possioning or what but we went the beach and he was burning up and said he was goin back to the hotel and told me to stay on the beach so i did! he says now that on the way back to the hotel he was really faint and went in the shop by the hotel and got some think to drink and then was shaking in bed and fell asleep then he seemed to be fine the day after and i thoght he enjoyed the rest of the holl but when ever we call about it he says he had the worst holliday ever!!!!! since this we have never been on holliday and he wont take any time off work - we have been on nights away but its a case of going late and coming home early.
we have a little girl now to and i feel like it affecting our family life cos when we go away we go with out him!!

i have read so posts and can relate to what they are saying thats why am wondering if it is anxiaty???

any respose would be apprecated
thanks
ruth x
p.s sorry for the spelling its really bad!!! xx:blush:

pollyanna
14-06-09, 23:52
Hi Ruth,

It certainly sounds as if he may have some anxiety going on here, and as you say when on that holiday, he may have had tummy trouble or too much sun, but i think when someone cant pinpoint exactly why they felt like that it gives them such a fright, they just know they felt so bad, and they have possibly never ever felt like that before , and they dont really have a reason for it. and never want to experience it again and so they begin to avoid similar situations , the anxiety cycle begins.... i also think being away from home when this happened didnt help matters.

I am certainly no expert on the matter i am only an expert in my own experiences... but to me it does seem like he has some anxiety issues related to this experience, i dont know if he would be willing to open up to you or anyone else about this, but i think it would be helpful to him, and help him deal with his issues and able to move forward, but i guess its got to be in his own time, ...

I hope you get it sorted, and can move on from it.

best wishes

P x :flowers:

ruth-x
15-06-09, 19:32
thank u so much for your responce!
it has defo got to be in his own time just wish i could give him a shove but i know me going on about it will that it worse i just feel like he is missing out on so much! he is missing a close friends stag do cos its in amsterdam!!!!!!
any way thank u again!! ruth xxxxx