PDA

View Full Version : Going away anxiety

Lissy43
15-06-09, 21:28
I get this every year when we go away, ever since I went away a few years ago and my son fell ill with a virus and was quite poorly it has made me scared to go on holiday but I keep pushing myself to go.

I get nervous beforehand and while I am there I am usually on edge and don't really enjoy it:blush:

We are going to Spain in 3 weeks and I am now dreading going because of the swine flu thing, not sure why this has suddenly hit me but someone said to me it has hit Spain quite bad so now I am abit worried about going. I guess I am worrying what if myself or my children fall ill during our holiday and become very ill. It is because someone in the UK has died of it and I guess I am getting very nervous about going.

I hate it because my HA is so much better now, id say im 80% over it but going abroad still does this to me. I want my children to have a great holiday, I hate going away feeling on edge incase myself or the kids become unwell:weep:

Can anyone give me a boot up the bum!:winks:

valleybear
18-06-09, 11:22
Sorry I am a bit late with this hon, but if you read all the other posts about swine flu you will be reassured. I do not think Spain is any worse than the UK and as the woman in Glasgow is the first death in Europe and had severe underlying health issues I do think it is not as scary as it first sounds. Large cities and schools where people are stuck together in stuffy rooms for a long time seem to be the worst hit areas and as you will be out in the lovely, fresh sunshine I am sure that you and your family will be fine. Probably less chance of you getting it that if you were staying in London. Hope this helps, but do read other posts if you haven't already...some good stuff there. Have a great holiday... XXX:shades: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: