PDA

View Full Version : could do with some re-assurance today

katy20
16-06-09, 13:55
hi everyone

not having a great day today:weep:
i have got this strange pain in my stomach when i lean forward and when i press on one spot just to the left of my belly button. its not stomach ache - just a slight twinge. & also have same twinge just under my ribcage on the same side Have been worrying about it all day and last night so am quite tired too which doesnt help. Wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be (am trying to convince myself its some kind of muscle pain)
I have cancer phobia so am leaning towards the inevitable (stomach cancer) at the moment and am wearing myself out.
Help

Katyx

Trixie
16-06-09, 14:11
hi everyone

not having a great day today:weep:
i have got this strange pain in my stomach when i lean forward and when i press on one spot just to the left of my belly button. its not stomach ache - just a slight twinge. & also have same twinge just under my ribcage on the same side Have been worrying about it all day and last night so am quite tired too which doesnt help. Wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be (am trying to convince myself its some kind of muscle pain)
I have cancer phobia so am leaning towards the inevitable (stomach cancer) at the moment and am wearing myself out.
Help

Katyx

We all get aches and pains which most of the time are nothing. Try to forget about it and think about something nice.:flowers:

Ddcoo
16-06-09, 16:06
Hi Katy, I know you must be worried as I have been having a similar thing myself for months, but although mine is in the same place as yours, mine is nota twinge but a stabbing pain. I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow to find out what it is, but I am pretty sure it is irritable bowel syndrome which of course is caused by stress. I get the twinges under my ribs on the left hand side too, this pain does not stab and I have had that on and off for years, so please try not to stress too much about it, our stomachs are very sensitive to stress and the more we do, the worse it gets. Have you been to your doctor yet, if not I would go and get him the check it out. Best of luck.