PDA

View Full Version : Exposed nerve in tooth...

phoenixashes
17-06-09, 03:04
I think I have an exposed nerve in my back top left tooth. I am terrified of the dentist, and it's not causing me excruciating pain yet, but I am scared it will and I won't know what to do. Is there any painless way to kill the nerve? Or at least make it not hurt? When I apply any type of suction to it, it causes me pain. The gum almost does this thing where it "flips" up, will this heal on it's own? I am so scared of having to go to the dentist, it almost makes it hurt more. Does anyone have any idea of what to do for this to make it stop?

kahi35
17-06-09, 03:54
Hi I'm only a dental hygienist but is the pain constant or does it go away after a couple of seconds? It it sensitive to hot and cold? If pain is constan then u may need a root canal. but if i was u i would go and have it checked out. All they will do is take an xray then the doc will tell you what he thinks treatment will be and then u can decide if you want to do it or not but have them explain everything to u first and ask quetions. dont stress over it. How long have u not been to a dentist?