PDA

View Full Version : sudden tingling on left face/head.

Garryngirl
17-06-09, 06:16
I have had this tingling/burning in my face and head. This came on suddenly one day driving home from work in April 09 and I have had it ever since in varying degrees, some days it is bad and others barely there. It 'moves' around but is always only on the left side of my face. sometimes my left eyelid feels thick. some days it feels like it is burning.

I am currently waiting to have an MRI of my brain and whole back as I also have a single spot in my upper spine that tingles as well. Kind of like a little electric shock.

When my face first started I thought I was having a stroke or something like that. I don't have any other symptoms or neurological problems.

At the time I was under tremendous stress of a house sale just having been completed.

I have been to see a neurologist and he doesn't think it is anything serious but that doesn't stop me worrying. unfortunately I work in a Cancer centre so my mind goes off the wall with things it could be.

Any ideas anyone or is this probably a stress related problem? I am just unsure about stress related as the house sale went through without problems and we are not settled in our new place and all is good.

Thanks in advance.

magpie girl
20-06-09, 18:49
hi i have it on the right side of my face and head i also get headaches on the right side, the doctor said it was anxiety and once i relaxed the nerves are not all tense and the tingly feeling goes . anxiety affects people in many shapes and forms.:weep:

Garryngirl
22-06-09, 01:16
Thanks for the reply.

I had my MRI yesterday but still waiting on results then doctor visit. I do notice when I forget about the tingling it goes away but when I focus on it it seems to get worse. It is hard to stop worrying about it. Guess once the Dr gives the all clear then I can stop worrying.