PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

banana
17-06-09, 17:25
Hi, I suppose I am new here although I found this website a couple of years ago after having a massive panic attack and ending up in hospital. Anyway was given medication by docs and have coped okay for the last couple of years. The last six months have been extremely stressful with my aunt having a stroke and then being kept alive for weeks until they decided she wasn't going to recover and she died just after Christmas. Both my parents have been also been seriously ill, mum has kidney trouble and is on dialysis three times a week and also my dad has had a triple bypass within the last month and about 1-2 weeks ago, I started getting really panicky and started not being able to sleep and now I am trying really hard not have a full blown panic attack. Luckily I have a really understanding doctor who has given me a weeks supply of low dosage sleeping pillls so last night I did get a good nights sleep but still feeling panicky, ie, really breathless and feeling as though there is something wrong with my heart (even though logically thinking I know there isn't), I am still on medication mirtazpine and 20mg propanalol a day which seems to help stopping me having a full blown attack but don't know what else I can try. Any ideas?:)

sb001f8994
17-06-09, 19:48
Hi Banana,
Welcome to nmp. I think you are doing really well, you've had a lot of upset lately and it seems your medication is doing the job.I keep myself busy, which takes my mind off my anxiety. When I feel panicky I put on my music and have a bop around the house and as stupid as this must look it helps me!
Very best wishes
Carol