PDA

View Full Version : Feeling scared

Mondie
17-06-09, 20:14
I have a persistent pain at the base of my skull on the left side, it goes from the upper neck into my lower head. I would normally think it's tension or the way I've been sitting, but my brother's MIL had the same and it turned out to be an anersysm (sp?) so I'm petrified that is what I have. It's not a sharp pain more a dull squeezing sensation. Anyone talk me down from my rising panic??

Mondie
18-06-09, 13:41
Anyone please??

nanny
18-06-09, 14:27
Hi Mondie

Please don't panic.

Like you yourself said it is probably tension, those headaches or the pain of tension can be a heck of a frightener.

Us people with anxiety, or health issues etc can talk ourselves into all sorts we can imagine we have measles up to a brain tumour, the more we worry the wrose it becomes so it's all a vicious circle.

Sit down, relax and think nice thoughts along with doing a bit of deep breathing, bet you feel better shortly.

I hope i have helped just a little. thinking of you.:hugs:

helpmepleas99
19-06-09, 00:07
Hi Mondie, hope you're ok.

I had exactly the same feeling you are describing on the lower left side of my head. It came at a time when I was experiencing tingling, back pain, rib pain, stiff neck etc. I think it was all a result of the stress and anxiety I was suffering.

I am seeing my doctor next week to test my thyroid, but I am assuming it's all because of my stupid anxiety :weep:

Mondie
19-06-09, 08:14
Thanks guys; I feel a lot better today so must be anxiety related *sigh*
It's exhausting!