PDA

View Full Version : Got out of hospital today but have to go back tomorrow!

countrygirl
17-06-09, 21:44
I am already waiting to see gyny on monday about having a hysterectomy that is freaking me out. I have had hiatus hernia for over 15 yrs and take med for it but have to be careful what I eat. I ate lemon cake yesteday which is a nono and sure enough got severe acid in evening. I stupidly deicded that I would make myself vomit to get rid of the acid and did but the acid was truly evil and so painful on its way up:blush: I really made mysef sick over and over to get rid of the acid and then I got what I thought was darkish reddy blood:scared15: I freaked totally and husband rushed me to casualty. I got a bed at 3am on assessment ward after horrible junior Dr had nearly killed me putting cannula in and it was wrong so had to come out and my arm is horrible and sore now and the assessment ward was madness so only got hour and half sleep.
The lovely consultant said this morning that as I had not vomited again ( I didn't own up to making myself vomit:blush: ) I could go home and come back for endoscopy early next week but he wanted to check my blood count had not fallen overnight - I tried explaining that I had been bleeding very heavily from gyny trouble few days prev but he said he had to ignore that and of course my blood count had fallen so got out late today but have to go back tomorrow for another test and if it has fallen further i will have to stay in for observation until my endoscopy next week!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have eaten a huge corned beef sandwich and large bowl of iron enridched cereal :) in hope it keeps my blood count stable.

so not only do I have a hysterectomy to look forward to:weep: but also an endoscopy and hoefully nothing nasty shows and possibly a long boring wait being observed.

I am like a badly beaten up pin cushion and think tomorow they will have to take blood out of my jugular as its only place left

tashbarnes87
17-06-09, 21:53
awww hun, what an ordeal. Fingers crossed your blood count will be ok so you dont have to stay in. I will be thinking of you

x