PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt look good :(

tashbarnes87
17-06-09, 21:45
HI all, well my mothers mouth ulcer has been on her tongue now for 7 weeks it is very big and very shallow, it doesnt hurt, never has. The doctors have been treating her for everything else, a cyst, an infection, some mouth problems etc and its just getting worse. They have told her that now as she is a heavy smoker to prepare for the worst :( she has a biopsy next week but as she has been tested for everything else its hard to not imagine the worst. I read that toungue cancer is bad as if its showing visable symptoms its often very bad, i am trying to keep things in perspective which is odd for me :) but i am so so worried for her. The worst thing is she has 2 young children my brother and sister, they are 6 & 8 and its hard on them too :(. Does anyone know anyone with mouth cancer who are ok

xx

charsey
17-06-09, 23:03
I'm sorry i don't. I know it must be hard right now but be strong huni x x

mummyto4
18-06-09, 00:02
Hi Tash,
I have never known anyone personally, however, I am a member on a parenting forum. Now, not too long ago, there was a lady on there, who was pregnant i have to add aswell, and she had tongue cancer. From what i read about her, she had it cut out and similar to skin cancer they also took away some extra flesh around the cancer. She posted to say she had gone back for her checks etc and they had got it all. I am not too sure about any further treatment she had but at the time it was all looking good for her, so don't be too down about things just yet. I can imagine how hard it is for you and how worried you are but just try and hold it together for your mum for now. Go with the flow hunny of what may or maynot be and you will all deal with it together. Wishing you all the best and keep us updated.
xx

joyce1980
18-06-09, 06:38
Hey there, hope you ok.

My mum had bowel cancer and didn't even tell me till it was cut out and she is in the clear now.

I really hope that since your mum has only had it for 7 weeks that it's just a case of having it cut out....( I had to make her go to the Drs for check ups after, why are they soo stubborn?)

How does your mum feel, is she holding up alright???

All the best Tash let us know, try not to google as I know I would really be tempted but it wont give you your mums results.

I'm sure everything will be alright and good on you for pushing your mum to the Dr.:yesyes:

the_nub
19-06-09, 22:18
Hi lovely,

Hope things are ok with you. Family illness is my biggest fear (my own HA pales into insignificance when I think about my heavy-smoker-since-16-now-age-55 mum).

Keep us updated and there are heaps of people here for you. x