PDA

View Full Version : bad night. forgot wat to do. help

Nicola_lou
17-06-09, 22:45
I remember now why I don't drink, I had a great nt last night but tonight I'm so tired my nereves have gone, I feel helpless, no energy to distract or fight it. I'm in bed can't relax my head is really heavy I'm concentrating on my breathing trying to control it. I feel like I'm going to forget how to breath or just stop. Wat do I need to do. Please anyone with help even if u don't know wat to say

Kerrigan
17-06-09, 23:09
Maybe you could try listening to calming music, it's cliche but it will stimulate the alpha brain waves which our brains switch to before sleep. The fixation on breathing is not a genuine fear, it's a false message given to you because there is really nothing to fear, there is no danger but your body is in a state of panic and becomes more sensitive to changes in heartbeat and respiration. It's only a symptom of panic-nothing more and it will subside, you will not stop breathing and this will pass.

maro111
17-06-09, 23:40
Couldnt agree more with Kerrigan any more. Remember the symptoms cant hurt you, your not going to stop breathing. The best thing you can do is accept that you are feeling a bit panicky and having these symptoms. Just let it float over you, and as soon as you do, they will stop.

Take Care

Mark