PDA

View Full Version : CBT - not sure I'm strong enough

shortstuff
17-06-09, 22:56
I started CBT at the beginning of the month and can totally see the point but think I'm just not up to par! I'm finding the diary keeping really hard - do I only record the actual panic attacks or when I feel close to one? I can have the whole range of symptoms (palps, breathless, trembling, chest pain) but NOT launch into full panic attack - this is more common of late than having full blown panic attacks!

My therapist is going to cause me to have a panic attack on Friday which is making me feel sick! I am dreading it! Its one thing having the bloody things out of the blue, but to KNOW you're going to have one a week in advance is really freaking me out.

I actually feel worse since undertaking the therapy than I did before. I find talk therapies hard any way, and feel 'guilty' that I've not told her about my self harm, but really don't want to go into it if I can avoid it.

I'm feeling pretty rubbish at the moment and can't understand why. I have a new job, will be moving nearer to family soon. I should be buzzing. I am such a waste of space.