PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

hunny
05-09-05, 21:39
Hello

I am new here.I have suffered from anxiety on and off for around 6 years.I felt free from it for about 18 months but it came back with a vengance after some stressful events.
I worry excessively about my physical health,but recently it has taken on a new guise where i am terrified for my mental health and am scared i have a mental disorder and am going mad,this is the worst i have ever felt.
Anyway sorry to ramble on
Looking forward to chatting to you all
Hunny x

alexis
05-09-05, 21:44
Hi Hunny, welcome to the site and dont apologise, you have not rambled on, everybody is here to help, hope you find lots of useful advice, Love Alexis,xx

vernon
05-09-05, 21:49
Hi Hunny welcome to the site, So sorry you feel so bad but I promise you this is normal and keep telling yourself you are ok and you will get better. I had a bad return of symtoms about 2 years ago but feel much better now and Like you It was a real bad one. take care. Vernon

Meg
05-09-05, 21:50
Hello hunny

You are not alone . Thats was one of my biggest worries ..
It never happened and I remain as I was pre panic.

I'm new! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3739)
http://www.nomorepanic.org.uk/lounge/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1299

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Parker
05-09-05, 22:08
Hi hunny.

A good rule of thumb:
If you think you're going mad you're not:D

Take care and welcome.

rozza
05-09-05, 22:09
I'm new too and have to say I often feel like I'm going mad! One thing that helped me when I posted my introduction was being told if I was going mad I wouldn't actually be aware of it so the fact you're worried about it means you're not going mad at all. Does that make any sense?! xx

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

hunny
05-09-05, 22:21
Thank you all for your replies.I think what scares me most is this intense feeling in my head like someones screaming in my ears,but theres no noise,i know it sounds strange,but its difficult to describe.
I often feel that this cannot be anxiety like "normal" people have but that actually i am going insane!

Hunny x

trac67
05-09-05, 22:55
Hi Hunny,
welcome to the forum, and just remember, we are all sane its everyone else who isnt lol.
Take care,
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

sal
05-09-05, 22:57
Hi Hunny

Welcome to the forum. How you feel is hard and i appreciate how it is. Its suddenly another thought process to overcome that you are going insane and that anxiety cannot possibly make you feel as bad as you do.

It does and how you feel suffering from anxiety is normal, you are not alone and it is hard.

However i can help i am here to listen and support you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Piglet
06-09-05, 08:41
Hi Hunny,

Welcome to the site.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

jill
06-09-05, 08:56
Hi Hunny

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

nomorepanic
06-09-05, 09:13
Hi Hunny

A warm welcome aboard the forum and look forward to hearing more from you and hopefully offering some advice.

Have you had any treatment or medication so far or any form of counselling?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pips
06-09-05, 09:54
Hi Hunny,

A BIG warm wecome to the site. I do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

hunny
06-09-05, 11:31
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I have been referred to a psyciatric team,i am very nervous though.Does this mean my Dr thinks im mad?
Hunny

seh1980
06-09-05, 12:41
Welcome aboard!! :)

No, it doesn't mean that your doctor thinks you're mad!! It just means that you will get help..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pinkscrumpy
06-09-05, 14:48
Welcome to the site Hunny

Hope you find it helps.

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

tracyp584
06-09-05, 16:11
Hey Hunny,

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of advice and support here!

Take care,

tracy x x