PDA

View Full Version : Scared of being alone and in bed with a cold

danna
18-06-09, 06:58
:weep: I feel sad...
Depressed... and I cry all the time....
My husband is deploying to Iraque and I am at home by myself.... I have anxiety and panic attacks often.... and it just happens at night time...
Now I have nobody to help me or to even feel that I am safe if something happens....
I got a cold 2 days ago... feeling like crap.. had to do everything.. buy food and things to eat when I couldn't even move...
I've been trying to connect with some new people... but when I look around.... there is nobody there for me.

Trixie
18-06-09, 08:08
:weep: I feel sad...
Depressed... and I cry all the time....
My husband is deploying to Iraque and I am at home by myself.... I have anxiety and panic attacks often.... and it just happens at night time...
Now I have nobody to help me or to even feel that I am safe if something happens....
I got a cold 2 days ago... feeling like crap.. had to do everything.. buy food and things to eat when I couldn't even move...
I've been trying to connect with some new people... but when I look around.... there is nobody there for me.

I am not going to be mean and say it is only a cold and that others have worse ailments because I think it is all to do with your hubbie being away in Iraq. I bet if he was home you wouldn't even think about a little cold. Are there any other wives around you in a similar position that you could buddy up with?

I am sure the army has a support system for service men's wives that could help.

Chin up.

agnes
18-06-09, 08:36
Danna, maybe, as Trixie says, there is a support system available for you through your husband's work? But, while you're waiting, this is a really good site for you to receive support, everyone here has anxiety and can understand how it is for you.

I find that colds tend to increase my anxiety symptoms because most of my worries are health related. But the anxiety lessens, be assured.

Best wishes

theia