PDA

View Full Version : ive tried kalms and bach resue...now what???

flegger1
18-06-09, 07:16
Hi all, Ive had my 2nd bout of stress (im 26) for the last 2 months now.
i dont really wanna go back on citalopram as I have been off them for years now.

i tried kalms as first and they did nothing. i then tried the bach resue remedy for a week and they too did nothing. i then tried bach cherry plum and white chestnut (for irrational thoughts and fear of going mad), and guess what- they did nothing too!!!

has anyone got any ideas what else i can try , as I fear getting worse, and then depression making a special guest appearance!

wud appreciate any advice from you guys- for some reason i just dont wanna bite the bullet and go to the docs

gypsywomen
18-06-09, 08:59
hi you need mediction do go to the docters,, mine gave me zanax,must say they do take edge off so many on here dont want to take meds ,but if you dont you will suffer whitch do you think is best to take tablet or just go on suffering ,,hope you feel better soon and do go docs thats what they are there for:)

sMINT
18-06-09, 11:40
Im sorry but I disagree with the above post. If possible stay off medication for as long as you can!!

Medications form the doctor only 'help' your condition and will NOT cure it. Soon enough your body will get used to the medication you are taking and that will no longer work and you may also become dependant on it.

I have also tried kalms which did nothing the same as bachs :weep:

I have just bought some Inositol to try so maybe this will help me who knows. I dont know much about it myself but maybe you could try it too it has no known side effects only diahrea (spelling?) if taking too much.

There is also something called 'St John's Wort' I dont know much about it so mayber have a little search through this forum you should find something about it :)

I know it may be very hard to go and see a doctor but it is the first step to recovery. It took me a long time and my only regret is not doing it sooner as maybe I would be on CBT or something by now lol.

freudian nightmare
18-06-09, 11:51
Hello i agree with smint, i don't really like taking meds they are last resort for me. I take st johns wort and find it does help with mild depression and anxiety, it just takes a little longer to work but non addictive which i feel is better in long run. I also find aromatherapy oils very relaxing i use lavender alot to help me sleep better and others to use are ylang ylang,neroli and chammomile either in bath or massage-diluted for skin use though. I hope it helps best wishes x

cheekycharlie
18-06-09, 11:55
yes I agree too, taking meds will not cure your problem & make it go away completley. If I was you I would go see your doc about getting some CBT. I did & have never taken medication & I feel 100% better now. PM me if you wish to talk. x

maro111
18-06-09, 22:41
Hi,

In the past I have used the kalms and bachs remedy and unfortunately they didnt really do anythign for me.

Much more effective for me were:

Inositol
Niacinamide
Korean Ginseng
Rhodiola Rosea

All of these helped to calm me down. I try to use them when only necessary as can make your tired.

I have also tried Magnesuim and b-complex which didnt do much for me.

Having been on medications and suffered the side effects, I would prefer to stay off them, but everybody is different and whats works well for one person, may not for the next. I am currently listening to a relaxation hypnotherapy cd, which really seems to be working :) .

Cheers
Mark

rosepetal
19-06-09, 19:26
You could try some of the other natural over the counter mild sedatives.
Or you could visit a homeopath.
Or you could go and see your GP.
Another option is to look into receiving some counselling or psychotherapy - going private, if you can afford it, is faster than a GP referral.

flegger1
20-06-09, 10:31
well thank you all for your advice- the general consensus seems to be that i should go to the docs. even though this feels like a failure i think its probably the best option.
ive started taking 5mg of citalopram and am gonna go see the doc next week so at least the end is in sight!

gypsywomen
20-06-09, 10:58
i am sorry you all disagreed with my answer ,,i only said he should see the docter, i am on mediction as i was very bad indeed,, tried all the remadys you say plus tapes anything but when it got to much to bear i had o see docter,i dont like taking the meds but if they help ease the pain of this hell ,,who cares

flegger1
20-06-09, 14:47
well i appreciate all the feedback and i guess theres no right or wrong answer. i just figured "why try fight it" and so i may aswell go back on the meds. at least i know they worked 5 years ago and will prob work again(hopefully!!!)

mick_uk
22-06-09, 08:03
Have you tried "lanes quiet life". Chemist sell them or you can buy them online from amazon or holland and barratt. They are 100 tablets for around £3 I think. They are herbal but I found they help, unlike kalms, which i found useless, and you can take one when needed or use the dosage they suggest.
You could give them a try. :D

mick

rosepetal
22-06-09, 19:45
That's what I've used! You can also get them in big branches of Tescos. And Boots.

Jakey
14-07-09, 13:37
Hi all, Ive had my 2nd bout of stress (im 26) for the last 2 months now.
i dont really wanna go back on citalopram as I have been off them for years now.

i tried kalms as first and they did nothing. i then tried the bach resue remedy for a week and they too did nothing. i then tried bach cherry plum and white chestnut (for irrational thoughts and fear of going mad), and guess what- they did nothing too!!!

has anyone got any ideas what else i can try , as I fear getting worse, and then depression making a special guest appearance!

wud appreciate any advice from you guys- for some reason i just dont wanna bite the bullet and go to the docs

Have you tried 5HTP? I take one at night with an Inositol tablet. First thing in the morning I take a half of L-tyrosine tablet (whole one makes me hyper) half and hour before food. After breakfast or during the day I take B12 and cholated magnesium. I take other things but these are the supplements recommended by a reputable nutritionist directly related to my anxiety attacks caused by post traumatic stress disorder. Just thought it may help to pass this on.

There seems to be a pattern in this thread of the same supplements which have are working for people so we can't all be wrong. Good luck with your healing!

lisanelson1234
25-07-09, 11:34
please i am in same boat as this woman what is c bt

sharona
25-07-09, 19:37
Hi

I came off my medication and started taking Inositol and lemon balm from Holland and barratts and I must say they work for me. I have been taking them for about 4 weeks and they definetly help.

Hope this helps

Sharona