PDA

View Full Version : Vaginismus anyone?

Poopsigroo
18-06-09, 13:32
Hello,
Just wondered if anyone else had this god awful condition!! Or any other fear of intercourse?
x

suzy-sue
18-06-09, 22:54
I luckily dont suffer with this.But it is treatable.A sex therapist would be able to sort this out for you. Have you spoken to your Dr about it.? It must be awful for you,do you have a partner at the moment? Sue:hugs:

yorkylover
18-06-09, 23:01
Yes I did hun.Your not alone.I did a thread here a while back about the same thing.
Pm me any time.xxxxxxxxx:hugs:

redballoons
19-06-09, 09:26
hi
I have thoughr I might have this but I am too afraid too google symptoms.Can someone tell me the main symptoms of this so I dont need to google it.

I have pain on the skin around there when we have sex and sorry (TMI) very dry all the time. etc - also after sex the skin at the bottom gets a bitsplit and bleeding (not alot just a small cut). Also feel swollen and irritated at times.

does that sound liek it?

Poopsigroo
19-06-09, 09:54
Hi Redballoons, that's not really the symptoms of vaginismus, i would definitely recommend going to the docs though, if the symptoms you say are causing sex to be painful it can trigger vaginismus, have you had a look at the symptoms for vulvodynia? http://vulvalpainsociety.org/index.php?page=vulvodynia
Vaginismus is more a feeling of stabbing and pinching inside the vagina during intercourse, or even not being able to be penetrated because your 'clamped' shut. It's a involuntary muscle spasm that causes i/c to be difficult or non existent. It's embarassing to talk to the docs, but better that then suffering with something needlessly, get checked out hun. X
Thanks for the replies ladies, i am having counselling and my partner is very supportive, but i just don't feel like i'm helping myself any.
Most days i seem to despise myself, i'm convinced my partner wants to leave me or have an affair, i don't blame him if he does. :weep:
I've just started antidepressants to try and get some confidence & self esteem back, and to stop crying all the time, but i'm so worried they are going to set me back, in terms of desire?
Yorkylover, how long did it take you to beat it?
The counsellor told us to do sensate focus excerises while she's on holiday for three weeks, i've got my dilators, but she told me not to do anything with them yet. I just feel like i'm getting no where fast, did you self treat?
Mine is secondary, which i'm told is quicker to treat than primary, but it's still so damn frustrating, feel like a crap excuse of a woman.
x

redballoons
19-06-09, 10:05
thanks that sounds exactly like it! I do get the feeling you described (being shut and stabbing) but thats probably more through the fear of it hurting now i suppose.

sophie

yorkylover
19-06-09, 14:17
Took me a very long time,years.I had a very supportive partner.
I did it all my self in the end,with the help of my partner of course.

My problem started when I was about 14/15.I had terrible period pains and the doctor tried to examine me and couldn't.It was so painfull and I was so upset.After that when I met my partner at 16 I was just so scared all the time,and just could not have intercourse.
It eventually happend when I was in my middle thirties:yesyes: I had counselling because of my anxiety and we talked about my fear's my counsellor suggested a vibrator.

I got myself a small vibrator and ky.I just used to find time when I was alone and relaxed to practice.You need to feel ok with yourself first,and learn there is nothing to be scared of.
When you feel ready,make sure you are relaxed,and that you use alot of lubrication,this is a great help,thing's will go alot smoother.:hugs:

O my am I really talking about this here:ohmy: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

A glass of wine or two help's to!!!!
Pm me anytime.xxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

miss_moose
19-06-09, 14:45
I had this too, its an awful thing, i've actually screamed out in pain and cried most times, in the end we just gave up.

BUT, after nearly 10 years i can now say everythings great in that department :yesyes:

I dont want to go into detail on here because i get embarrassed but if you want to PM thats fine :)

I will say that after alot of trying we found that me on top was the way the "breakthough" we finally needed:blush: