PDA

View Full Version : IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME FAO Nikki

Lottie32
07-01-04, 09:03
Nikki

Thanks for your e-mail. I am not being ignorant, but your computer keeps bouncing my replies if I send them to your e-mail address.

I can't send one through No More Panic, cos I don't know your user name.

I suffer in a very similar way to you, and would love to swap notes.

I will try and mail you from home again, as think you might have a filter on that stops messages coming from work addresses.

I have a really good booklet from the doctor that is extremely useful.

If you want to e-mail me your user name on this site, I will try and contact you again through the No More Panic site.

If you are comfortable with forwarding your address to a complete (and rather mad) stranger, then I will post the information that I have got from the doctor.

Charlie

p.s. Unless you live within a 10 mile radius of Derby you are in no danger of being stalked as I still get agrophobic about travelling distances !!!!! Ha Ha Ha (Particularly if there are no loos on the way)

Charlie

nomorepanic
10-01-04, 15:26
Charlie

Did you get my email about this and manage to contact Nikki

Nicola

apricot
11-01-04, 00:17
Hi,

Thanks Charlie. I did get your first e-mail. Haven't a clue what going on with your mail keep bouncing as I seem to get loooaaaadddss of stuff from people wanting to know if I want to make something larger, problem is though, I haven't even got one on my body!:D

My user name here is apricot. It's funny, you feel better knowing people are suffering like yourself but, and I don't mean to sound mean to others, when you find someone that suffers from the same kind of symptom as yourself, the one you really fear, you then realise you are not weird or silly and it makes you even feel better.

I will send you my address, and thanks for taking the time to reply. I hope you are doing ok at the moment, speak to you soon.

Nikki

Turn 'what ifs' into 'I can' and you will.

Lottie32
12-01-04, 11:07
Nikki

All your mail messages bounce for some reason, but got yours, so I am posting the information (along with yesterdays e-mail tee hee) today

Love

Charlie

apricot
13-01-04, 23:04
Charlie,

Got the info today. Thanks very much, very interesting...Makes you think, did the IBS come first or the Panic?

Speak to you soon,

Nikki

Turn 'what ifs' into 'I can' and you will.

Lottie32
16-01-04, 00:04
Hi Nikki

I'm so glad you said that. I've been puzzling that one out over Xmas.

I'm now firmly convinced that if I am anxious, my IBS kicks in, which makes me more anxious. (Loosing control of an area of my life - and lets face it, if you have to go out somewhere, it can be embarassing)

BUT I have noticed that I can feel ok, and my IBS kicks in , and I start to get anxious, because my IBS has started up (loosing control of an area of my life).

Is this just me, or do you find the same thing happens to you?

The information is really good I think. I haven't managed to do all the exercises, but it does help to "ground" you when things are getting out of control.

It was written by the head of the psych dept where I get my CBT, in conjunction with the local hospital gastro dept. They were concerned that the majority of people who went for investigations into stomach disorders were actually "just" suffering from IBS. Only a minority of patients actually had something "wrong" with them. (Not playing the trauma of IBS down, but you know what I mean.)

Love

Charlie