PDA

View Full Version : Struggling for money now... help. i need a job

bubblestar
05-09-05, 23:14
hi guys

things are getting a bit better.. getting out and about more but still not fully ready to work and be tied to being in a job
thing is now im really struggling for money.. iv got my benefit but that hardly covers anything and its getting me down even more because now im having money trouble.. and using a credit card when it gets really tight..
any ideas??!

xxx

stormy
05-09-05, 23:28
yeh stop using a credit card, next moment you will be in the red and it wont help you.
go and talk to the citizen advise and see where you can get help, if you are already on benifit there may be more you can claim, things like your council tax, your rates.
they also may be able to help you get a job, or point you in the direction of someone who can advise you.
i know this is a long shot, but sometimes it can ease your mind.
id also say, at the moment stick to the cheaper shops for food and charity shops are great when you are strapped for cash.
im also lucky because i have a good conection with my bank manager who is honest enough to tell me what i can do with my money.
i hope it all sorts it self out, hugs anyway xxxxxxxxx

sal
05-09-05, 23:33
I know how hard that is for you but i would suggest you stop using the credit card as that will lead to further problems in the long run.

Easier said than done but after doing so well dont add more pressure on to yourself when you have come so far.

Committing yourself to a job when you are not feeling ready for it is hard but would it alleviate the worry you are having through having no money and worrying about debt.

Its a hard situation to be in. How about trying for a part time job that doesnt have the pressure and ties that a full time one has. That would give you the confidence you need before you think about working full time and help financially.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

bubblestar
06-09-05, 12:42
Hi guys

thanks for your advice!
i had a brainwave though.. remembered i used to work for a mystery shopper company..
been on the site and signed up for a few assignments.. then pay btwn £8-15 for each one u complete... go into shop buy something check out the staff and shop and report bk, the reimburse u and give u a small fee, if i can get a few of those a month, should top me up ok
so its really flexible and no strain. that should help me out enough for now!

bub xx

nomorepanic
06-09-05, 13:05
Bubblestar

Would you be so kind as to tell us the website addresses as others that are struggling with money may want to do this too.

Many thanks.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

bubblestar
06-09-05, 13:18
no problem,

this is the direct link straight into applying to be a shopper

http://www.gapbuster.com/en-us/shopper.htm

or just the website is www.gapbuster.com

the have clients such as Mcdonalds, Post Offices, Pc World, The Link, Jessops, Texaco Garages, Goldsmith. All these shops need evaluating regularly, and its no pressured at all, you just have to assign yourself to a day you can complete it and express the resulkts within 8 hours.

Good luck everyone. if anyone joins, Pm me, would be good to share tips and if you want any help aswell. Ive been doing it 4 years.

XXX

nomorepanic
06-09-05, 13:29
Great

Thanks so much - I quite fancy that myself!!

I will also pass in on to my sister as well cos she needs a bit of extra cash and only works part-time cos she has kids. She loves shopping too.

Good luck with it - I bet it is great fun too!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

bubblestar
06-09-05, 13:32
Yea it is good fun, especially if you do the mcdonalds one, because you have to eat the food to rate it!!! then they pay you back for the meal aswell, so free food!
hehe!

Good luck, have fun!

xx

stardust
07-09-05, 18:36
Hi there. Go online at jobcentreplus.gov.uk to find yourself a job. And i have a bit of major advice for you. DITCH the credit card, now. Youre gonna get yourself into a hell of a lot of trouble. Trust me.

bubblestar
07-09-05, 19:41
why do i need to go on jobcentre website, when i said i cant get a job yet????

and the credit card is emergencies only.. not to put new clothes and shoes on!

stardust
08-09-05, 01:56
Dont stress. Was only trying to help.

bubblestar
08-09-05, 11:25
im not stressing, you missed my point.
the whole problem ive got is i cant work, and someone telling me to go on the website and find a job just seemed a bit like dangling it in my face, sorry if i caused offence just seemed a strange thing to say!

nomorepanic
08-09-05, 12:51
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

Yea it is good fun, especially if you do the mcdonalds one, because you have to eat the food to rate it!!! then they pay you back for the meal aswell, so free food!
hehe!

Good luck, have fun!

xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by bubblestar - 06 September 2005 : 13:32:43</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Even better!! :D

Sounds like an ideal job to me. Have you heard anything back yet?

Nicola

bubblestar
08-09-05, 13:58
ive been signed up for years, so i just logged into the site and selected available asignments in my area.
i cant do the mcdonalds assignments anymore seeing as im now a Celiac since last august.
but ive got a Jessops, The Link and Carphone Ware House to do over the weekend and 2 post offices and PC world nexy week!

get yourself signed up!

All good. x

stardust
08-09-05, 19:07
whats the point in having a credit card for emergencies when youll be charged a boat load of interest anyway?[Duh!]

"The truth is out there" Frank Gallagher, Shameless

nomorepanic
08-09-05, 19:52
OCD girl - I don't think you are helping so I would quit whilst you are ahead [:I]

You don't pay interest on credit cards if you pay them off each month.

Nicola

bubblestar
08-09-05, 21:43
Credit card - emergency petrol if i break down
electricity for my key metre if it runs out
food if im hungry??
gucci shoes... cos i fancied them...??

and yes if i have to use it i have to then find the money the next month to clear the bills.

sorry to sound sarcastic, but ocd girl.. what a thing to say!!! [Duh!]

stardust
08-09-05, 22:26
I was only giving my opinion, and writing my thoughts.

stardust
08-09-05, 22:59
And anyway, people who use credit cards are fools, for the obvious reason. Sorry if ive upset anyone, im not gonna quit while im ahead either..........im one of those people who doesnt front, doesnt bull****, just tells it like it is.[Yeah!]

eeyorelover
09-09-05, 04:01
I understand what you are saying - Bubblestar. It's hard to be able to afford the things you need when you have very little coming in to begin with. I honestly don't have any advise for you on what you should do but after reading some of the post that have been left I thought you needed someone to say ...
you hang in there and I know everything will work itself out somehow. I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

eeyorelover
09-09-05, 04:05
sorry to post again but I just want to add that IN MY OPINION ...
this a site where people come for support and understanding and sometimes a LOVING nudge if they need it.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

bubblestar
11-09-05, 16:00
Hi eeyore lover

thanks for your message, it was very encouraging.
ive just got to hang on in there,

thanks for your support.

x