PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex Decision

TomMcHawk
19-06-09, 02:00
Hi Guys! Just had a really bad today. Was hoping I can let some thoughts out and get some opinions on my situation as I just feel completely confused as to what to do. I started a new job about 3 months ago and when I did my panic and anxiety seemed to hit the roof again. Initially I couldn't sleep and then started getting all the fun symptoms of panic and anxiety all over again making things hard. Really love my job but was disappointed about the anxiety coming back again so hard so I decided to take Cipralex as I had some success in the past with it and really want to be feeling good for work.

I've had a good attitude about taking the med and realize I may need it for sometime so I am willing adapt and work with it. I started the first 4 weeks on 5mg and the last 2 weeks I have been on 10mg. So I've been on for a total of 6 weeks and during that time I have been working hard on my thoughts.

So far my experience has been a little puzzling. My depression is much better but at times my anxiety has been so much worse and with some really intense panic attacks thrown in there. Ativan has been getting me by. Don't really want to be taking it but it I need it right now and has helped me have some okay days. I will say yesterday was probably my best day in maybe 5 months. It was really good. However, I didn't take and Ativan yesterday or today and my anxiety was through the roof again today. I was really disappointed after yesterday. I really thought I was on the road to feeling better.

I guess I'm at a bit of a crossroads with the cipralex right now. I was hoping for a little bit more after 6 weeks. Does it seem like to anyone that I'm just experiencing some of the "ups" and "downs" of the med starting to take effect and it would be worth sticking out for a couple of more weeks?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom