PDA

View Full Version : What am i doing? HELP ME!

belle
19-06-09, 07:54
I'm nutso. I really am.

As you might know my (abusive) marriage split up back in September, but 3 weeks ago, HE asked for a divorce. I was devestated to say the least. I thought my world had ended, but why? He was HORRIBLE to me. He use to say terrible things to me that reduced me to nothing. I am a person who hates everything about herself...I am SOOOOOOOOOOO over my marriage!!!!! :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

...but, we have a (new) problem. See, there is this guy, he's nice to me. We've know each other for 5 years. He actually knew all about my "problems" before we'd even met. He came over last weekend and we had a lovely day. Thing is though, i am struggling to believe a single word he says. In fact, every thing he does say to me i am analysing and picking apart to the point of ridiculousness. I spent FOUR hours last night telling him that i am not worth his time. That he should find someone "Normal".... and when he says he wants to spend time with me and that i am lovely, i laugh in his face and in a rather petulant way say "WHATEVER"...

I DO THIS. THIS IS WHAT I DO (even at the beginning of the relationship with my ex i did this - push him away before we'd even started)....I try and sabotage anything that seems or appears to be good. I do NOT want to be hurt again and i know its only a matter of time before he gets eff'd off with my behaviour. All the time i was talking to him last night i was putting myself down..."I'm nothing like your ex"..."I can't go out, i can't go to the cinema"...."I'm mental"...."I'm ugly"...."GET BACK WITH YOUR EX" (that was the best one)..."You're friends will hate me - IF i ever get to meet them"...What the hell is wrong with me???? At one point i told him that if i was him i would run in the opposite direction from me as fast as he can and DO NOT LOOK BACK!

Seriously, i am the most untrusting, disbelieving person in the whole entire world and i think i need help. I think i behave in this way to protect myself. I don't want to believe what he says, in case its not true and i've let myself get sucked in....but on the otherside of the coin, he IS so nice. On Wednesday i got a gorgeous bunch of flowers delivered to me. What do i do? I analysed THAT to death....

Another thing is, which is just WRONG, is that i am trying to be cool (yeah, i know, me - cool? I am sounding really cool aren't i...lol), but if don't hear from him or he doesn't text me i am freaking the hell out....its all so contradictory. I am pushing him away....but scared if i hear nothing....what i frigging mess!

I said last night that him pretending to like me is a bet....:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gypsywomen
19-06-09, 07:59
i posted a tread about my husband nobody read it yet will you,please as for you i think yu have been hurt and let down by your ex your finding it hard to believe the other man sounds like he thinks a lot of you i would give the world to find a man like that your lucky ,very ,take one day at a time it will all work out best wishes

bluesparkle
19-06-09, 09:30
hi belle
well that was like reading about me ...
i have recently met someone... i wasnt gonna post about it for a while but your post just made me want to get in touch.
i have had an abusive relationship(well a couple)and it does effect us... i push everyone away, like you not on purpose but kind of a protection thing and as for ripping every comment etc apart well that is just not nice is it...but we cant help it... and to say dont do it enjoy what you have doesnt come easily...but i think we should...maybe we can encourage each other.
i am also the same if i dont hear from him... but i think that s a good thing...
it sounds like he is a lovely man and you want to be with him... i know i feel the same for mine... hang on in there (in fact we will hang on in there together if you like lol)
i get close to him then i want to run and hide away...but im not gonna let this awful panic/anxiety ruin something that could be very special...and you musnt either.
i have an awful habit of sayin "whatever" if something nice is said to me...
oh my god ive waffled on a bit i only wanted to let you know you are not alone...
please if you want a chat just give me a shout ok.
rach
x
and everything will be ok you will see it just takes us a little longer to get our heads round things

belle
19-06-09, 09:48
Thank you so much for your message, its good to know that i am not alone.

I've been thinking about this since i posted this thread and i *think* the reasons that i did it in my last relationship and now this one is because of my panic/anxiety/agoraphobia...i am giving them a "get out", before i start actually caring. I believe its only a matter of time before i am crapped on anyway...

This morning, he messaged me and said all he said was "Good morning beautiful"...in response to that i said "Why are you saying that? I am disgusting, i have spots, wrinkles, grey hair, no boobs, cellulite, scars, fat backside....how can you possible call me beautiful - you MUST be lying." I am NUTS!...

I got a text while i am writing this to you and it says..."Miss X, will you please refrain from dooming this relationship before its even begun".....

Don't know how to 'let go' without feeling out of control and totally open to being hurt.

bluesparkle
19-06-09, 10:26
i think sometimes we have to lay ourselves open to being hurt...
its the only way forward...
and it may or may not happen...
i dont think there is any other answer...
and i know its scary after being hurt as we remeber the pain...
but its that or miss out on something that could be very good.
rach
x

bottleblond
19-06-09, 10:50
Belle

Your ex husband has made you feel so worthless hun.

I think you crave this new relationship but you fear hurt and rejection. It's like your head and your heart are having this will i - won't i situation inside you.

It is extremely difficult to learn to trust again after being in an abusive relationship whether it be the male of female that has been treated badly.

You said above that you told this man to go find someone 'Normal' and that you were'nt worth it.....Belle, belle, belle you silly billy of course you are normal and yes you are worth it. This man obviously thinks so, so try so relax a little and enjoy the new relationship. Take things slowly at your own pace but don't write yourself off because you were with a sod before because things can and do change.

Very best of luck gal and let us know how you get on
Take care
Lisa
xxx

:hugs: