PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor fears!

brandibee
20-06-09, 02:11
My last post might have been alittle long and hard to follow.. so I will start over.
I have a huge fear of something wrong with my brain, I dont just make it up I haver real symptoms. I do have panic disorder and GAD
I have been really good for 3 years and since my fiance went to jail
I have had constant head pressure on the right side
tighting of the scalp like something is rolling underneith it not constant
Tingles of the head everywhere. not constant
heavy head feels like my neck wont keep my head up,
better laying down.
Scared more than anything

Test done.. All of them except a MRI and a EEG
:)
Does anyone else do this or have this?

JOE89
20-06-09, 02:52
Having a brain tumour is my worst fear, especially due to painful and dam right weird head symptoms I'm getting.. I'm going on holiday with my friends next week and I'm just hoping it doesn't spoil my holiday repeatedly thinking about a brain tumour, that's how bad it gets with me. Yeah I get everything you mentioned, and also symptoms in my chest, abdomen, arms and legs, you name it.. But I'm told time after time that it's anxiety.. I've had some symptoms for around 5 years when I was 15, at first i freaked out badly but I have managed to get used to them. It's only when something new happens I have to start all over again. If it was something serious what would be the chances symptoms start to come on after something stressful happens in your life? Anxiety..

I know how stressful it is and I hope you all the best, take care :yesyes:

brandibee
20-06-09, 02:56
yes my fiance just went to jail about 90days ago and he will be gone for a year we had our wedding almost together and everything :( its hard maybe that could be it? I was fine when we where together

JOE89
20-06-09, 03:02
Yep, it sounds like the correct explanation in my opinion.. Your mind can be a pain and so powerful that it creates these awful symptoms, especially when there is a stressful trigger.. I've came to accept that I'm my own worst enemy as crazy as that may sound to some people. Try and relax as much as you can, hot baths and maybes read a book etc.

Trixie
20-06-09, 05:44
My last post might have been alittle long and hard to follow.. so I will start over.
I have a huge fear of something wrong with my brain, I dont just make it up I haver real symptoms. I do have panic disorder and GAD
I have been really good for 3 years and since my fiance went to jail
I have had constant head pressure on the right side
tighting of the scalp like something is rolling underneith it not constant
Tingles of the head everywhere. not constant
heavy head feels like my neck wont keep my head up,
better laying down.
Scared more than anything

Test done.. All of them except a MRI and a EEG
:)
Does anyone else do this or have this?

It doesn't sound like a brain tumour to me. Please relax and try not to worry.

brandibee
20-06-09, 17:26
I guess a mini update i went to the ER last night with it..I had a attack they sent me home said nothing serious siiigh!! So anyways here Iam and I have my celexa my head is already messed up mine as well further it and see if i get better wish me luck on my 5mg and my 10 mgs.. going to do this slowly i hate medication!!!
thanks

Trixie
20-06-09, 18:31
I guess a mini update i went to the ER last night with it..I had a attack they sent me home said nothing serious siiigh!! So anyways here Iam and I have my celexa my head is already messed up mine as well further it and see if i get better wish me luck on my 5mg and my 10 mgs.. going to do this slowly i hate medication!!!
thanks

So now do you believe that you don't have a BT?:)

brandibee
21-06-09, 02:55
No I would like to have a MRI and I will be content. I really dont like taking medication.

maz67
21-06-09, 19:48
:) Hi having had a brain tumour removed last year, my only symptom i had was a seizure which my consultant told me is one of the first signs, not always a brain tumour i might add. I had no headaches whatsoever, just a problem with blurred vision, which at the time i thought was my eyes getting worse !!
Please try not to worry my anxiety happened after the op, i was scared it would return but after finding this wonderful site i have learnt that my symptoms are now all due to anxiety. I have another MRI scan in august so hopefully that will be all clear. Your symptoms sound just like anxiety. I had a very bad attack about 4 months after my op last year and was taken to hospital where they scanned my head to be safe and all was ok. They told me what i had suffered was a severe panic attack.
Try not to worry, pm me anytime if you need a chat xx :bighug1: