PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone with a bipolar child

samantha4i4
20-06-09, 13:09
We are a people-oriented privately owned Dental Practice in San Francisco, so we look forward to knowing you - as friends as well as patients. Also to provide you with as much information as you need about today's high-tech Dental Services and Invisalign Dentistry we've prepared this website to help explain our services and policies, but please remember we're always available with the latest information in Cosmetic Dentistry on our website www.drmarkle.com or an old fashioned phone call would be perfect as well. We're here for you.

Trixie
20-06-09, 13:44
My younger sister is bipolar, along with my father, grandfather, and uncle. My mother seems to keep insisting that my oldest daughter is acting EXACTLY like my younger sister did. She is worrying me because I odnt see anything but the terrible twos... my daughter is 23 months, is this way to young to diagnose her with it?
If I was you I would have a word with my doctor, just to put your mind at rest.

http://www.kristen-mcclure-therapist.com/bipolartoddlersymptoms.html

Darwin73
20-06-09, 21:35
I'm not an expert in Bipolar, but I would think 23 months is far too young to even consider this. I am a mum though and know that at this age kids are capable of all sorts of extreme and testing behaviours. Your sister may have behaved a certain way when she was a simlilar age, but it might have had nothing to do with her later bipolar diagnosis. From what I understand, it is the teenage years when these sorts of traits are first considered. What sort of things is your daughter doing to make your mum concerned?

yorkylover
20-06-09, 23:35
My brother is bipolar,he is 38 now.I think 23 month's is a bit early to tell if she has this illness.
Your mum may just be worrying.I agree with Trixie have a word with your gp about your concern's or your mum's concern's,this way it put's your mind at ease.:hugs: