PDA

View Full Version : Please assure me my heart is ok.

SamanthaAU
21-06-09, 11:11
I have just convinced myself I am having a heart attack yet again.

I have a little pain in my left arm and was just sitting at the dinner table and a little pain went up my neck.

I am 31 and in the last 9 months have had 2 x CTG's and a 24 hour holter monitor that have all been ok. Surely if there was something wrong it would show up right?

This pain in my left arm has come and gone over the past 9 months since my health anxiety started.

I am sure its nothing, but I can't help but worry.

I hope you can help ease my mind!

Cheers,
Sam

Trixie
21-06-09, 11:53
If you were having a heart attack you would really know about it. My mother had one when I was 9, her face went as white as a sheet her lips were blue and the sweat was running down her face because the pain was so bad.

SocialTool
21-06-09, 22:03
I, too, have had fears of a heart attack. I suffer from PVCs at times, so I know all too well what it is like to be freaked out. I have really, really, poor posture and sometimes that leads to my left (or right) arm to ache as well as my neck. I also have a job where I use my left arm to lift a stack of things while I use my right arm to put them away. I find my mind creates extra sensations when I am already alarmed about something. For example: I get an aching pain in my left shoulder/arm. This makes me anxious which increases my breathing and my heart rate. This in turn may trigger some PVCs. Soon enough my entire upper body is tense and cutting off blood flow making me feel dizzy. All because I overused my left arm the prior day. I challenge you to look at your initial symptom and try to discover what caused it. When I know WHY something is happening, it takes care of all the other crap that may follow. Best wishes! :yesyes:

SamanthaAU
21-06-09, 23:31
Thank you all very much xxxxx

What you have all said makes perfect sense. I always find night time the hardest for me and that is when I start panicing about things.

nomorepanic
21-06-09, 23:52
Sam

I have had a heart attack and I am fine now.

You WILL know if you are having one ok and then you can take action like I did.

Please do not be scared about it.

SamanthaAU
22-06-09, 06:55
Thanks Nicola.

Our fears are so stupid when we look back at them aren't they. But so damn real and frightening when we are living them.

I can't wait til the day the anxiety leaves my body:weep:

Panickypants
22-06-09, 12:15
I am really heart phobic and convinced something is wrong with my heart.. I do have a heart condition but has never caused me any problems nor ihave i had to have medication but sometimes i wonder is it getting worse is this why i am anxious but indeed i am MAKING myself anxious thinking these thoughts..i always think my heart is going to stop or that trapped wind is a heart attack... x x

ccc28
22-06-09, 13:31
Try not to worry Samantha, I've had those spells too.

I seem to have spells where its my head, of stomach, or seizure fears or heart fears....

Not long had some heart worries even though I do try keep myself fit. Lots of palpitations recently and chest pains (more than likely muscle tension!).

You'll be fine.