PDA

View Full Version : Advice please.

Scouser Tommy
21-06-09, 12:21
Hello forum, Im pretty new to this, I originally joined to get advice and tips for me to help with my wives anxiety and stress issues, the forum has been a big help and provided what I needed she has also been able to cut down the medication. I am now back for myself, It turns out the majority of my wives problems stem from me suffering from depression, I seem to be in a hole where I am constantly angry and unhappy although I have everything I need, brilliant wife, great kids and a really good job. It is getting to the point where I am taking myself away from the family unit to make their life easier. The way this is going it will be the end of my marriage and looking at it from the outside I couldn't blame her if this was the case. Sorry if this doesn't all make sense and I have rambled a bit but the realism of writing this is bringing me to tears. Thanks for any forthcoming help and advice.

gypsywomen
21-06-09, 12:58
hi if i was you i would sit down with your wife and decuss how you feel ,i am sure she will understand as she has been through it heself ,take her for a nice meal and try to rela:hugs: x maggie

sMINT
21-06-09, 14:54
Hey, I have to agree with Gypsywoman.

Sitting down and talking, although may be hard at first, is the best form of sorting out problems and release a big weight off everyone's shoulders.

Try to find a time when you are both relatively calm and when the kids are out or in bed.

Hope you manage to work out your problems. All the best

agnes
21-06-09, 15:15
Anxiety and depression can take the joy away from so many things, Tommy. I think we all know that here. Have you spoken with your doctor about how you're feeling? Or have you considered counselling for yourself? It can help sort out how you are feeling.

As the others said, do try and talk it through with your wife...who knows, it might be the most surprising and supportive course of action for both of you.

theia

marie1974
21-06-09, 16:54
hiya and welcome, i def would have a honest chat with your wife, i am sure she will understand. also exercise cured my dep years ago and is a huge help for making you feel motivated and more confident, just a daily brisk walk even does so much, its prob the last thing you want to do but i did it and after a month or so i felt so good and i still power walk now. hugs xx