PDA

View Full Version : I have just had the worst 3 hours of my life

BoxerMad
06-09-05, 16:17
I came in from work at 1pm and let the dogs straight out in the garden.
About 30 mins later I noticed that the back gate was open and one of the dogs had got out.
So for the last 2 1/2 hours I have been running around the village, I felt so sick, my heart felt like it was going to jump out my mouth and I was a complete wreck.
my fience found her about 1 mile away walking up the road.
i am just having a cold drink to calm myself down.

michelleann
06-09-05, 16:35
thank god you found her!
a couple of months ago my 10 month rotti went missing[ back gate wide open] i was sick with worry phoned all the vets, dog wardens, put posters up everywhere 3 days later i got a call he was found in the next village and someone had kept him for 3 days!! personally i think he was snatched but then realised he had been nuted and dumped. but i was just happy to have him back. hope you are ok take some deep breaths im sure you will be ok soon youve just had a huge scare.
take care
michelle xxx

BoxerMad
06-09-05, 16:43
thanks michelle.
i phoned all the vets and was just about to call the dog warden. i was worried she had been snatched or run over.
How did you cope for 3 days i was beside myself with her missing for just a couple of hours.

Gem xxx

Meg
06-09-05, 16:44
Whew.. Gem

Good you've got your dog back.

Think I'd need something a bit stronger ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Quirky
06-09-05, 16:54
So glad to hear you got your dog back, it's awful when they go missing.
I work in a vets and regularly deal with people who have lost pets, it's so sad but it's lovely to help reunite them sometimes.
Give that dog a big hug and take care,
LJ

seh1980
06-09-05, 17:36
So glad you find him!! Thank goodness!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Piglet
06-09-05, 19:39
I'm so glad you found him that must have been horrible.

Love Piglet

BoxerMad
06-09-05, 20:42
Thank you all for your kind words.
I am feeling alot better and have calmed down.

stardust
08-09-05, 19:33
Geez! Its only a dog for crying out loud, its nothing compared to whats going on in New Orleans

"The truth is out there" Frank Gallagher, Shameless

BoxerMad
08-09-05, 19:58
OCD Girl

It might only be a dog to you.

seh1980
08-09-05, 20:30
Hey! A pet is very important to the owner!! I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my cat :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

stardust
08-09-05, 22:51
Sorry :( By the way, i kick cats! They foul in everyones gardens and its totally not right, if i see one fouling i give it a good kick and hopefully i wont see it again, i might try the boiling water trick if they carry on.

nomorepanic
08-09-05, 22:58
If you kick one of my cats or pour boiling water on it I will do the same to you [}:)]

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

stardust
08-09-05, 23:08
Ha ha! lol. hopefully your cats are good cats and dont foul in other peoples gardens.:D

jill
08-09-05, 23:17
Hi Ocd girl

Alot of people love there pets, they are part of the family.
I don't like cats I have a fear of them, but I would never hurt one.
Do you not think if you hurt someones cat you are hurting someones
family member? I know they can come into the garden but there are other ways of dealing with them, you don't have to hurt them.

JILL

stardust
08-09-05, 23:41
i just think they are horrible, sly little creatures.

nomorepanic
08-09-05, 23:48
ocd girl - well we are all entitled to opinions but you have to respect that other people do like animals ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Rachel Hughes
08-09-05, 23:57
well you should have called me!!!!! i help run www.doglost.co.uk . ... bless you i deal with people in a state every day after loosing thier dogs and we find them..... we have an 80% succes rate.... emergency number 01909 733366 if you ever need us
I am the brunnette on http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-lost-services.asp

Rachel Hughes
09-09-05, 00:05
Glad you are reunited with your doggy!!!

EmmaJane
09-09-05, 14:15
OCD, with an attitude like that im afraid you will have your issues for a very long time. I have read some of your replies and find that you come across as a bit humiliating sometimes. I apologise if you dont mean to, but there are some people on here, who really do need and WANT help. How they accept their problems and find ways to cope, somtimes depends on the help they get here. It is best sometimes not to say anything as more damage can be done than good.

I apologise to all but i really had to say how I felt

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

stardust
09-09-05, 17:44
So i dont really need help or really want help then do i? charming

EmmaJane
09-09-05, 18:29
Im not getting into an argument, because im passed all that. If you read your replys to glass smashing and your opinion of councillors, you give the impression you dont need or want help. I truely hope you find what ever it is you need to get you out of whatever you are in with or without the help of others. It does start with accepting help, and having an open mind, you also need to try and help yourself. There are no magic wands to get through this. I wish you luck, but please try and be a bit more tactful when answering postings.

Emma xx

stardust
09-09-05, 21:03
ok but i was suggesting the glass smashing to help others....if you havent tried it yet then you cant really comment emmajane [:P]

EmmaJane
10-09-05, 18:56
I wasnt commenting on the glass smashing itself, I was commenting on the way you come across to people and your comments regarding councillors, who are their to help you, if you are prepared to work with them to help yourself. Also, the way you come acroos rearding peoples issues.

Regarding the glass smashing, believe me I had many plate smashing session. Glass dont really appeal to me. Still each to their own.

Emma xx

stardust
10-09-05, 20:41
think you are a bit confused here. i tell it like it is.

paladin806
10-09-05, 21:24
I have a cat, and also a small dog that suffers from epilepsy, i love my animals and they have done so much to keep me from going over the edge. Fortunately, the cat is a house cat, she was once feral, but please feel free to come and kick her if you get off on that sort of thing, unfortunately, i wont be able to take responsibility for any damage she may do to you,
but you seem to enjoy handing out pain, perhaps youll enjoy getting some back.

EmmaJane
10-09-05, 21:36
good luck to you ocd. i think you need it

Emma xx

stardust
12-09-05, 18:35
Why do you people have such problems with me? Im sure its perfectly okay to get angry with cats s**itting in your garden. Why should anyone have to put up with that?