PDA

View Full Version : Joints are acting crazy

SFAOK
06-09-05, 16:23
Hi there. My anxiety is 10% of what it used to be, and I believe I am 'over' that period of my life. I had so many symptoms it was incredible, and I truelly did believe that I had a brain tumor during the worst of it.

Anyhow, most of my symptoms have dissapeared completely. A few remain, including the butterflies in my stomach, but nothing I'm worried about any more. However, a symptom that's come along in the last month or so puzzles me (and my GP, oncologist it would seem).

It started with my joints clicking more often than usual. The knees and ankles more than any other. Then it progressed into the joints 'popping' into place when I straighten my knees and elbows out (I believe its the tendon 'snapping' into place). At its worst, I can put my hand on my knee joint and when I do a slow swinging motion I can feel the joint clicking several times, like a ratchet or something.

The clicking is also more apparent - when I walk barefooted sometimes my ankles click with every step, and it sounds like I'm wearing flipflops!

Can anyone offer any kind of explination as to why my joints are acting like this? My GP guessed that maybe its because I've been so tense for the past 4 months or so that relaxing has done something temporary to the joints as my body gets used to being normal again.

My father has a similar thing, but then again he's had athritis for 20 years or so. And with me being 24 I doubt it can happen so quickly!

Any help would be great!

Meg
06-09-05, 17:21
Are you doing any exercise as that may help the joints get back into sync after all that stress where they've been held so tight

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

SFAOK
06-09-05, 17:25
Hi Meg. I spent August on Holiday in France, where my only means of transportation was by bike (10-15 miles per day probably). My joints got progressively worse from start to finish. Which completely stumps me!

Meg
06-09-05, 17:57
If you weren't in practice, maybe it was an awful lot all at once ...

Gareth
07-09-05, 10:34
I would agree with your doc. I think that anxiety tenses the whole body up to a degree that we don't realise at the time, and maybe everything is just loosening up. Add to that the pressure you put your body under on holiday and it may just have been a case of too much too soon.

By the way, I remember your post on here about Mr Negative and Mr Positive. Can I ask - how have you managed to get to the point of your anxiety being 10% of what it was? I am always interested to hear how people have got better!

Thanks
Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

SFAOK
07-09-05, 15:26
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">By the way, I remember your post on here about Mr Negative and Mr Positive. Can I ask - how have you managed to get to the point of your anxiety being 10% of what it was? I am always interested to hear how people have got better!

Thanks
Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

<div align="right">Originally posted by Gareth - 07 September 2005 : 10:34:56</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I decided to kill two birds with one stone and answer you here:

Holiday broke the vicious cycle (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5181)

:D

gm1992
17-04-17, 21:52
Hi,

I wondered if you'd be able to help please, I have identical symptoms to yourself at age 24!