PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone worse of a night time?

SamanthaAU
22-06-09, 06:57
Hi everyone,

I have been suffering from HA for the past 10 months.

I always seem to be much worse come night fall. I guess the reasons being I am terrified something will happen in the middle of the night, or I guess I won't wake up.

But, if you do - how do you get through it? I have a 3.5 and a 2 year old and am 21 weeks pregnant. My husband is great, but I still need to be in a good head space and help in the evening - it is the busiest time of our day!

Do any of you have good coping strategies? Thank you in advance!

magpie girl
22-06-09, 13:51
hi samantha im alot worse at night ,i try and keep myself distracted with puzzels,and i log on here most nights if im really bad.I find it really hard to relax and wind down :shrug:

Funky Mum
22-06-09, 18:24
Hi,
Yes me! I've only recently started suffering with HA and the evenings when the kids go to bed is the worst time for me as then I have time and space and quietness to think.
I try and watch tv, or play the Wii or read.

Meewah
22-06-09, 21:58
Hi,
Yes me! I've only recently started suffering with HA and the evenings when the kids go to bed is the worst time for me as then I have time and space and quietness to think.
I try and watch tv, or play the Wii or read.

Try Relaxation and Meditation then sit and bring on the HA, only this way will you beat it. If you distract yourself all the time you are running away from your normal thoughts. If you do this often enough you will overcome this.

All this said distraction feels like it gives us a little rest from the feelings. It does short term but long term it gives it strength.

All the best

Mee

CorneliusRuperTravis
22-06-09, 22:05
Yes, I find I am quite a lot worse at night.

Usually when it's quite late, I get sudden episodes of neck pain, difficulty swallowing, depersonalization, and just an odd feeling of "not feeling right".

THe best thing to do is to put it down to tiredness, and built up stress at the end of the day. A good, long, refreshing sleep works wonders.

Funky Mum
22-06-09, 22:08
Try Relaxation and Meditation then sit and bring on the HA, only this way will you beat it. If you distract yourself all the time you are running away from your normal thoughts. If you do this often enough you will overcome this.

All this said distraction feels like it gives us a little rest from the feelings. It does short term but long term it gives it strength.

All the best

Mee

So I need to let it happen and face it? Hmmm sounds scary but I do see where you are coming from.

xBettyBoopx
22-06-09, 23:02
I am worse at night. I live alone & sometimes feel so bad, I think I'm gonna die on my own!!

I come on here & play the games or do some posts. There really is no difference between the day & night except how we think! It's because it's dark & would find it harder to contact anyone. I always have the tv on for some company. Basically spend all my time on the comp trying to take my mind off things. I also always have my Claire Weekes recordings & books at hand!!:blush: :blush:

I know it's hard:huh:

Els

CorneliusRuperTravis
23-06-09, 22:14
I am worse at night. I live alone & sometimes feel so bad, I think I'm gonna die on my own!!

And it's thoughts like these that are going to make the anxiety worse. Try to stay away from that trail of thought x