PDA

View Full Version : eye flickering

agent orange
22-06-09, 17:02
Does anyone get flickering in their vision? I seem to get this quite a lot since 2 weeks. I can look at at something and then it flickers, look away and it does not but then it does it somewhere else. Can this be stress/anxiety and or tiredness? Or is it something far worse? I went to the opticians last week who gave me an eye examination and said it could be stress etc, but I am not anxious always when it happens, but it does cause me concern. He said if it remains to see the doctor. Now I am a hypochondriac and I look for symptoms and I am worried about M.s. I have been there had an MRI and all clear etc. However I do have to wear glasses for reading since last week. I also suffer from slight dizziness and a post nasal drip, sinus etc, to name a few. Anyone had anything like this, am worried.

Thanks.

Wee-Mee
22-06-09, 17:32
When you say flicker,isit like your eye opens and shuts? I get a sorta thing sometimes that feels almost like a pulse in my eye and it doesnt last long but can be worse if I'm tired. I feel like everyone can see my eye doing this weird twitchy thing but I don't think it is something sinister love. xxxxxx

agent orange
22-06-09, 17:33
No the eye vision flickers, i get the other and don't worry about those.

Worrier
22-06-09, 17:33
Hi Agent Orange,

Do you mean you have twitches in your eye, if so I get that a lot, mostly when I am really stressed and my anxiety is at my worst. I have had for period of 3 - 4 weeks before and when I look in the mirror I can actually see my eyelid moving as it twitches.

I don't think it is anything to worry about. Like anything, the more you concentrate on it, the worse it becomes.

Take care
Natalie x

12ema
22-06-09, 19:11
heya..yeah ive had flickering vision before it never lasts long i definately think its anxiety though either anxiety or tiredness ..nothing to worry about x

agent orange
22-06-09, 20:12
Thanks for your replies, I hope it is either tiredness or anxiety, I have been both for so long that I cannot understand why I have it now.

Worry-wart
02-07-09, 09:50
I just started getting eyelid twitching in my lower left eyelid. First time I didn't think much of it. When it came back a second, third, forth... time, I got that "Oh what now!" feeling. I hate when symptoms increase instead of decrease :( Trying to stay positive.