PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola

Jennifer Anne
22-06-09, 21:01
I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I have been drinking full-fat Coke for years now, between 2 - 3 litres a day. Last monday I decided to stop and since then ive had 8 days of pure anxiety, irrational thoughts and OCD. I know its probably because i have stopped drinking it but i feel dreadful and tearful, tired etc.

Has anyone else ever had this?

XXX

magpie girl
22-06-09, 21:19
its the sugar and caffine withdrawl:blush: i was terrible when i stopped drinking it,i dont drink fizzy at all now infact i think they make anxiety worse because of all the caffine in them

Jennifer Anne
22-06-09, 21:30
Thanks Magpie girl

I just feel sooooo terrible.

x

Rachel_123
22-06-09, 21:45
withdrawel!

its so much better not to have a high intake of caffeine and sugar, it could actually be a large driving force in your anxiety, and this is coming from a sugar addict myself :)
it should go away after a few days, i'd say.

bcr
22-06-09, 22:06
Thanks for posting this topic. That's really useful to know!

I've not been a fizzy drink drinker for many years until the past few months and I've recently been drinking a lot of coke and tea as I've been so tired. But I now realise I'm probably making things worse!

I'm having a bad time with my anxiety at the moment so as well as meditation to try and help, I will be cutting out the sugary, fizzy, caffinated drinks too :0)